Travelling From Toronto..help

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kristy, Dec 2, 2021.

1. brent&kells

brent&kells I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 3

To add on to what @Sunchasers35 said, it does look like that site does sell the PCR kit as well but I had a look at the link and it states that the PCR test can only be done from within Canada.

I did read a while ago that there are PCR kits you can get to use out of Canada in the same manner you described though.

UPDATED:
    I went to look at where I read about an out of country test and it was also with Switchhealth so something seemed off. I looked again at your link and while it does say that the PCR test can only be done in Canada, there is a LAMP test available which is also a molecular test which it states is accepted for entry to Canada. Maybe this is the one you actually got, but if not maybe look into it.

Love how clear all this shit is, lol.

Regardless....Have an awesome trip!!!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  2. crazy

crazy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0

Yes you are correct sorry for the confusion as I'm using the Antigen test to Fly to Florida from Toronto then off to Cancun via Florida then Cancun back to Toronto using the RT-Lamp test. I'm flying home January 8 so I'll let everyone know how it works out.

3. Fishmaster

Fishmaster Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    Has anyone thats Unvaxed flew outa Toronto to Mexico ??

4. brent&kells

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 3
    From what I understand nobody is allowed to board a plane anywhere in Canada without being vaccinated regardless of the destination.

5. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just in Toronto Pearson this week and have flow alot in the last few weeks.
    Confirmed you must be fully vaccinated to board a plane (domestic & internationally)

6. Fox&Vixen

Fox&Vixen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    I transited through the US and arrived in Canada (Vancouver) yesterday and this is how it went. As I had been in another country other than the US within the last 14 days and it was not one of the high risk countries all I had to do was the COVID test arrival procedure. All my paperwork was filled out ahead of time and multiple paper copies made of negative PCR COVID fit to fly paper, vaccination cards, both BC and Canada and the ArriveCAN receipt. All of these had been checked various times at the different airports including on arrival. Some copies were kept and others just took photos. I saw several people having major problems because they had the info on their phones and the batteries were dead! Take paper copies!
    I was sent to the PCR test people who registered me and then another counter for the actual test. It only took about 15 minutes to get done as there were few flights when I arrived. I had told the passport/immigration staff that I had a connecting flight and they said it was no problem but when I got to my destination I was to self isolate until the test results came. I was a bit surprised that they allowed me to continue to my destination without having to stop in my port of entry. Once I got off my last flight I drove to where I had planned to quarantine if I needed (condo) and my results came in just about 24 hours later. It was negative and I am now free to wander if I choose!

Here is some of the info I was given when I asked questions.
    You must do the test when you arrive but then you can carry on to your final destination whether by car or plane and then you must isolate until you get the test result.
    Isolation is supposed to be in the place you stated on the ArriveCAN app.
    The results can take 24-72 hours.
    There was no cost associated with getting the test done.

Couple of things to be aware of using these examples as I saw a couple of denied boardings due to misunderstood timing!
    1) Depart CUN at 130pm on Saturday direct to Canada
    Your PCR test must be done within 72 hours of the departure time from CUN. You will go through the arrival procedure as you are coming from a country other than the US.

2) Depart CUN at 6pm on Saturday to Miami, overnight and fly to Canada at 9am on Sunday
    You must do a test to enter the US anytime on Friday as it is the day before not 24 hours.
    You must do the PCR test to enter Canada within 72 hours of the flight into Canada so that means 72 hours before the flight leaving Miami not CUN!
    You will go through the arrival procedure on arrival in Canada as you were in another country, other than the US, during the last 14 days.

Work out the numbers and get one PCR test done to satisfy both countries. I would get it done first thing Friday from a place that will get you the result within 24 hours. You could always get a PCR test done Thursday afternoon and then another antigen test on Friday but why pay the extra money.

This was my experience and I hope it helps!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. Funcdncpl32

Funcdncpl32 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    alright well, we just returned from our trip on saturday, tips i can give for the traveling airport wise,

1. ensure your ARRIVECAN app is working and ready before you leave,
    2. use online check in and upload your vax doc before your arrival at the airport this saved us the hassel of using the kiosk at the airport when people seem to be in confusion ang things dont work etc.
    3. we arrived at pearson airport with approx just under 3 hours before take off and after we got thru security we had about 30 mins before boarding.

as for your return, was pretty quick easy and simple,
    Mexico has a health questionnaire for when you leave the country that can be filled out 12 hours before your departure everyone thinks it has be to done on arrival this caused the plane to be backed up unloading becuase everyone was trying to scan the barcode and connect to the wifi. just take a quick pic on your phone and save the web address for when its check out time,
    as for the PCR test when going home, we used a outsource company for the test that fellow canadians we knew from home that were there gave us the company, cost 3800 mxn peso the nurse comes right to the room does the test and leaves emailed the negative test about 24 hours later ( screen shot or download the pdf file ) you dont need to upload it for check in the person behind the counter just looks and it and stamps DOCS OK
    keep your mexican health questionaire ready on your phone for further down the check out.
    and thats about it to get on your flight

arrival in Canada was pretty straight forward get of the plane walk what feels like 2 km get to the customs kisoks scan passport, print receipt, get in line show customs officer the passort ARRIVECAN app and he will give you a Green sticker or pink on the top of your passport green means pass go pink means your are getting tested. if your arrive can app isnt working they will direct you to the public health group just fill out the fourm manually and they will give you green or pink, grab your bags and keep going out. we didnt get a a pink so cant guess on the times that the test will take would very from how many planes arrive etc.

if you do most of this online before you get to the airport this is going to save you time and confusion even the mexican immigration fourm can be done and printed proir to arrival

8. brent&kells

Ratings:
    +1,342 / 3
    Thanks for the info! Hope u had a great trip.

Was that PCR test service 3800 pesos each or for both of you combined?

Any word at all about how often people have tested positive there at all?

9. Funcdncpl32

Funcdncpl32 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    Sorry it was 3800 mxn peso for us together and she came right to our room. Just had to notify the front desk. Our friends we already knew who gave us the info. Worked down the price because they were a group of 8
    Personally I don’t believe these are to be true pcr test for many reasons. There are huts all over town offering the same service also at approx 100usd a person per test why wouldn’t they just have a doctor sign off on these test and collect the cash, there was zero standard for mask at the resort. Which I understand Bc there is probably more interaction in the pool then at the buffet. And when we were leaving the air Canada rep at the counter only looks at the file on your phone. Doesn’t scan any QR code or bars code And Canada customs doesn’t ask to see the file either. I think if any hotel had a known outbreak it would be bad for business and lose way to much money so just pass everyone and send them on thier way

10. Sunchasers35

Sunchasers35 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 3
    You might want to check with a travel agent things have changed in the last year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice