Travelling From Toronto..help

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kristy, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Funcdncpl32

Funcdncpl32 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    the hotel jail " covid jail " mentioned above is only for those handful of countries provided with that link, otherwise you wait at your place of choice untill your results come back given this practice i cannot see the wait times being longer then 48 hours, as per 2020 counts pearson airport averaged 38ooo people per day of travel ( dom and inter) so assuming that they are testing 30000 international a day, ontario was processing almost 72000 test a day at its peak, and currently processing around 30000 so you would be closer to 24 hours for test returns maybe 1 day or 2 days from your work but under the feds rules you cannot be punished for waiting test results from your employer. we are still going on saturday just becuase they make pearson airport test mandatory wont effect our travel, if fact this is actually a more relaxed rule then some countries and if the facts are right about US you will only have 24 hours before boarding instead of canada 72 .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Anthony&Adrienne

Anthony&Adrienne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +150 / 0
    Anyone know what the cost is at Pearson for the test?? Hopefully we get some first hand accounts from people who are coming back, we’re going in January hopefully.

3. britsrhot2

britsrhot2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 10
    I stand corrected , the covid jail is for only the listed countries . The news channels made it sound like it was from everywhere except the US arriving in CAN .

4. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Please post when you come back to tell everyone how it went.
    We came back last Saturday/Sunday and this was not in effect. It went very well then.
    Hope it doesn't get to be another hassle for our next trip and loosing our deposits again like 2020

5. Funcdncpl32

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    Test in Toronto at Pearson are paid for by the government. So really it’s us the tax payer not the traveler. You only pay for the pcr test in Mexico which as people have said on here they can range in price we return on the 11 of dec. leaving tomorrow the 4th. Will post more on return on what to expect besides the huge delay at the airport I would expect when testing all international travelers

6. Funcdncpl32

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    No problem. Will post what to expect when returning so all those traveling after us should expect. Like wait times. Etc. Our trip is 4-11 of dec so the kinks may not be fully worked out yet on the setup but I would imagine that it’s mainly gonna be a hour or two to get the swap done depending on how many planes arrive within that 30-45 min window

7. MrandMrsSmith

MrandMrsSmith Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +211 / 1
    Hey there! We’re from NB too :) Planning to get back at TTR for Easter!

8. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    30-45 min is wishful thinking! When we landed last Sunday morning at midnightish, they stalled debarkation because of overpopulated airport. They let out 50 people at a time for distancing and control . Lucky we were in front and got off early but it didn't matter much cause we got in a waiting game for our transit and got home with a 10 hrs delay.:mad: Never seen so poor service from either airline (Westjet)or airport (YYZ). Nobody from airline to assist or give answers and airport should had advertised as closed. Nothing was open for stranded travelers! One Tim Horton had coffee but nothing to eat and there was one Subway open that didn't even have a table to sit at to eat for our whole night stay! We keep complaining but nobody is risking an answer! Told them we've been treated 10 times better with Mexican companies like Aero Mexico and InterJet and airports over there. It's ridiculous.
    Hope all you Canucks get better treatment! We hope someone from WestJet answers cause we're far from being done complaining!!!!

9. crazy

crazy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0
    For Canada's traveling check out this site you can pre purchase test and take them with you and as long as you have a smart phone you can do you test right at the hotel and get results in 45 minutes. I haven't used my kits yet but i did get them in 2 days of ordering them.

https://www.switchhealth.ca/en/part...chhealth::120621::switchhealth#collectionKits

COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Kit (2-pack)
    https://files.switchhealth.ca/Switch-Health_COVID-19_Rapid-Antigen_Instruction-Manual_English.pdf

You will also need to setup a Switch Health

10. Sunchasers35

Sunchasers35 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 3
    An antigen test is not the same as a pcr test. This will not get you back into Canada.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice