November 13-20 Trip Report.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by r&a 1964, Nov 21, 2021.

1. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    My wife and I have been to Temptation about a dozen times in the last 8 years. Not really sure how many. I have never written a trip report before but after reading a few of the ones lately I thought I would give my perspective.
    I am not trying to start a debate or disagree with other trip reports, things are different from week to week and not every one likes the same things or sees them from the same angle .
    First the airport. It was a breeze. We must have come in at a good time because it took longer at the luggage carousel than it did to get through security. It took about ten minutes to get our shuttle van once outside.
    Check in was quick and easy and our room was ready.
    There are a few things I usually don't pay much attention to but because of some posts lately I did this trip.
    The first one is security. I was watching to see how much presence there was and how much they changed the vibe of the party. I never really noticed until I looked for it but there is always one of those guys hanging around. I didn't see them change the vibe a single time. In the past I have but I am talking about this trip. After paying attention to that for a couple of days I felt pretty comfortable that if I needed them they would be there. Also we had a pool bag with sunscreen cover ups tip money and other misc. stuff that we left at our pool chair every day. Never had any one mess with it a single time .
    Next thing I looked for was the crowd getting younger. My wife and I are both 57. There was more people there younger than us than there was older but there were quit a few that were between 52 and 62, kind of what I consider my age group. There were also plenty of couples in their 30s and 40s that were willing to party with us. I didn't notice many but a few couples looked like they were pushing 70. Either that or they have been to better parties than I have. There were couples that I am sure were in their 20s and none of them seemed excited to party with us, or maybe we should have been more inviting I'm not sure which. To sum it up the week we were there am guessing that 70 percent were between 30 and 50 with over 50 and under 30 having about an even split. At 57 my wife and I felt pretty comfortable.
    The next is the music. While I have paid a lot of attention to the music in the past it is always a topic of contention. But what I haven't paid much attention to is the number of people dancing. Every night there were a lot of people dancing. Let me just say the MUSIC WAS TO FUCKING LOUD, but there was a lot of people dancing.. And that's coming from a guy who likes loud music. Any man with a small dick can go buy a sound system that you turn the volume all the way up and and blast your ears out. It takes talent to set it right for the venue and each individual song. I will say it was better than our last trip. The music at the pool was a decent level and sometimes at bash. But a couple of the nights it was stupid loud. Like I said I was paying more attention to it this time and when the music turned up like that there were a lot more people in the lobby and around the lobby bar and bash thinned out some. But there was always a lot of people dancing. Five nights out of seven we stayed out until the music stopped and had a great time every night. The parties were amazing.
    The food. I cant help much there. I am not fussy and almost never get a bad meal. The food was great.
    The service. I am not very needy so I am always happy with the service, but I never had any reason to complain about the service. From house keeping to the restaurants to the bars it was all excellent.
    There is plenty more to talk about but its getting long winded already. I was concerned things were changing and we might need to find another place for our week long parties but not yet. We will be back.
    If anyone on this forum wants to set up an AARP hotel take over at Temptation sign us up and let us know when to be there.

'

• Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. 2ndtimefun

2ndtimefun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0
    So glad you posted this review. My husband & I are 53 & every time we go I worry we are going to be the oldest ones there or that there won’t be any one else our age. We are booked for February 2022 & can’t wait! I think you hit on something- AARP takeover!!

3. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    You may well have restored our faith.... from the generation that may have been to too many of those "wild parties" !!!! p.s. Did you do a Boob Cruise ??

4. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Wonderful, thank you. We will join the AARP party.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    Yes we were on the Boobs Cruise on the 15th. It was great. I don't know but we may have been the oldest couple on the Boobs Cruise but there were several couples that were close to our age including two single women that were on a girls trip. I know my wife and I have been married longer than any other couple on the cruise that day but there were several couples that had been married over 20 years and at least two couples besides us over 30 years.

6. E&E

E&E Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Thank you for the honest review. My wife and I are in the 50+ category and will be going to TTR for our first time April 20 - 24 2022. I read some of the reviews after booking the room and flight and started to think I made a mistake so your review has given me some comfort. We have never been on a trip like this so I am not ready to commit to another trip yet, but I like your idea.

7. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Thanks for the trip report. Positive reports are much more fun to read.

8. Randall A.

Randall A. Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    My wife and I are in our middle 50's and are coming Feb. 12 - Feb. 16 with another couple in their 50's. Both couples are first timers and will be looking for a good party vibe.

9. 2ndtimefun

2ndtimefun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0
    We will miss you by a week! We get there 2/23.

10. EastTexas

EastTexas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0
    You guys don't need to be worried about being a bit older than the majority of the crowd. A lot of women like older men, including my wife.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice