My Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by SA Attorney, Apr 30, 2021.

1. SA Attorney

SA Attorney Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Since I literally spent hours on these boards reading everything, I though it was only fair to give my review so that others can see what we thought. I am going to try and emphasize some of the things that were important to us, that may not have mattered to other people.

A little about ourselves. We are first timers and we went from April 17th - 25th. I am 56 and my gorgeous wife has been hanging at 29 for a while. We are not really in the lifestyle. We love to travel but because of Covid have been cooped up for a while. We are both fully vaccinated and therefore, we felt comfortable enough to travel.

First of all, we flew in on United in business class. Except for the nicer seats, at this time it is not really worth it. Still just get a cheap snack at best. But I do love the seats!

We stayed in the fifth floor of the tower. When we first got there the elevator and room were quite humid and musty. The floor was very slippery. But that disappeared shortly and overall we really liked our room. Great view, good housekeeping, everything was good. I would definitely book the tower again.

One quick word about the attempt to sell the premier membership at the beginning. The guy was very nice and after a couple of firm No's, it was all over. Overall not a great start, but not really that bad either.

We got their on glow night. Because I was wondering before I got there, I want to mention the participation of the guests. That first night seemed like the most costumes were done. I would guess 80 to 90 percent. Everything from just neon shirts to full body paint. My wife wore a blinking skirt and top that was very sexy and a big hit.

After glow night the participation rate seemed to go down a little. I don't know if that is because the weekend ended or the demographic changes that began (which I will talk more about later).

Second night for us was Temptation Emergency. I would say 70 to 75 percent in costume. Then Pink it Up, which was a little lower. There were a lot of good costumes for Back to School and lingerie but still only about 50 percent. Then a little lower the rest of the week. Keep in mind, it did not matter whether you were in a costume or not, everybody seemed to have a good time. My wife loves dressing up and I tolerate doing it because I get to see her outfits, so it is worth it. Kinda like dancing for me, I don't love it, but so worth it to make her happy.

The shows at night are average at best, but okay to see if you are there.

The playmakers are at the parties at night to keep the dancing going. They seem to work constantly. The were nice and funny and good to be around. When I was tired, they would dance with my wife. She also went to some of the exercise classes and other things around the pool. Overall, I thought they were terrific. So much so, that we found several of them on the last day to give them extra tips.

Speaking of tipping, we tipped for every drink and meal. They quickly knew us and would all want us to come to their area. But I will say that the workers were all extremely nice and helpful whether you tipped or not. Never waited very long for anything. Very good service. One slight complaint, at night at bash if you ordered a drink it took a while. But you can walk up to either bar and get drinks very fast so it was no big deal.

I thought the food was okay. My wife loved the Mexican restaurant and the breakfast buffet. I would definitely not make a trip just for the food, but I would not stay away either.

We loved the pool. Very easy to get drinks and we like the games. Plus this is a great place to get to know people. Between this and the Boobs Cruise, we met some wonderful people from all over the country and even Dubai and Turkey. That is definitely the best parts of the trip and made the pool and parties much more fun.

A little about the demographics. When we got there, the average age was a little older than what it was when we left. Of course, all ages are there and welcome. But I would say definitely in the late 30s to early 50s was the majority at first. As the week went on, the age got significantly younger. Lots of people in their 20s. That could be because Tryst was starting on Tuesday and they were coming in sooner. It was not bad, as everybody was friendly and we had no problems, just different.

I made an interesting observation at the pool. If a woman was over 30 she was much more likely to be topless than if she was under 30. We debated why this was, including self confidence and social media worries, but again it didn't really matter. After a short period of time, you didn't notice whether people were topless or not unless you specifically thought about it.

We went on the Boobs Cruise and had a wonderful time. Unfortunately it rained a little and the see was a little rough so you really needed to hold on most of the time. But again, no one can predict the weather. It was still a really great experience and we met some great people. We also had a wonderful visit with Steve (the owner) at lunch. He is a great guy and it was good to get to know him.

My wife did the Provoke photo shoot. It was expensive but the pictures came out incredibly well. Would definitely recommend it.

We left the resort one time to go to the restaurant Taboo. Had a great time and would definitely go again.

Small complaints. My wife hated the lighting in the bathroom. This was fine with me because it meant she was getting ready by the balcony window light. Which meant more nudity for me when she was getting ready and I could see her. So it worked. The suction hooks really worked and were helpful.

My wife felt like they went to her brain on the Covid test, but mine was fine.

The hotel lobby and elevators could get very musty and humid. But we were not in them long.

It could be hard to find places around the pool if you got there late.

That was about it. We would definitely go again, but we like to try other places also, so I am not sure when we will do our next trip there. Overall, we were very happy.

I will try and post some pictures later, when I can edit them. If you have any questions, please let me know.

• Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    Nice review! Thanks for posting!

3. Thejays

Thejays Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    How far was taboo?

4. SA Attorney

SA Attorney Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    10 to 15 minutes by cab.

5. blevs

blevs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    Great review. We are around the same age and making our first trip soon, so appreciate the input.

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Great TR! Based ont he report, you and your wife should give Desire Riviera Maya a try sometime. Most of the complaints she has (well, possibly except for lighting while getting ready unless you have a slight upgrade that gets you (her I mean) the make-up mirror witht he lights).

7. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 1
    Keep coming back and in 10 years you will be shocked at how much younger the crowd is.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thank you for the report and your perspectives.

9. farbe

farbe Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi , do you need to wear a mask around the resort ? Thank you

10. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Maybe only when checking in and then for your COVID19 test. Other than that, no masks necessary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice