New Solo Traveler Incoming..

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Ashbash, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Ashbash

Ashbash Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    Hey there I will be visiting in March as a newbie and a solo female traveler.

Will I have just as much fun on the weekday as I would weekend (weekday appears to be cheaper in my date range)?

any advice for solo female?

thanks

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    We think it is a bit easier to meet people and get into the games and theme nights on the weekdays. The weekends seem to attract more of the “selfie” crowd….just our opinion. Find the string on here for your week (or create one) and you will have instant friends before you even get there. The “fun” is up to you ;)

3. Ashbash

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    thanks! Other than that it’s still just as fun?

4. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Yes…more so to us because there is less of a chance of someone there for “themselves” to ruin it and more time to do things at your pace. I don’t mean that in a totally bad way (just when it affects our idea of a TTR vacation….I know, that’s selfish too) because everyone is entitled to vacation the way they want…it’s their vacation. Seems like TTR marketing and other dynamics have brought a new crowd to the resort over the last year. This crowd may be the future or we just may be getting too old or it is what TTR wants but the new crowd is less friendly, less wild, less sexy, less open, less considerate and more entitled, more clicky, more selfie loving, more live-streaming and way more rude. They seem to show up more for the weekends so they don’t really make friends all week nor do they seem to plan out or participate in themes or games. Just our opinion, we are booked twice for early 2022 and will see if we can help keep the old vibe but we also know some great people going at the same time. All of that said….it is still a great party either way and all times, you just have to navigate a bit more than before.

5. Karen64

Karen64 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    Hi
    I’ve gone to TTR several times as a single and had a blast.
    Never had a problem.
    Looking on here was a super smart move and many of the regular guests there will be the best people you will meet!
    As some have mentioned, times and people change, as a single you need to keep up your situational awareness no matter where you go. TTR included.
    There are just a few things that can make your trip more fun if you plan in advance.
    As a single meals can suck if you eat alone, and yes you will, unless you plan in advance on meeting people from here, even just for one meal. It gets essier in a couple days, but plan ahead and it’s easier the first couple days.
    Plan to go on the booze cruise as soon as you get there! Great way to meet people and the crew is the best!
    Don’t be shy (super hard for me). Everyone is there to have fun and has thier own idea what that is, you got this far, actively seek what YOU want, time passes quickly.
    On that note, as a Unicorn you will be approached a lot. It is very flattering, but don’t be afraid to say no a lot… unless it’s what you are looking for too
    Trust the staff - they are there to help you.
    Don’t bring unnecessary items, lots of threads here of stuff to bring, but go light.
    Feel free to ask anything else, there are no stupid questions

6. Ashbash

Ratings:
    +26 / 0
    thank you Karen and MikeandHeather so much great information!

I do have one more question. My dates are flexible and now I’m thinking about going in January or February because I’m eager but I worry about cold pool temps. Have you gone during this time? If so, was the temp an issue?

7. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Pool is cooler…even though heated and it will be cooler at night in Bash. Still a good time though. Less crowded overall thoug.

8. Karen64

Karen64 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    I’m thinking about going end of Jan myself!
    It may be cooler than August, but there’s no snow and the fun is what you make it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice