Tr Has Got To Expensive For The Area

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by bob and kay, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    I thought getting older would take longer! HAHAHA

Actually, we are having a lot of fun at our age now. Now doing it at multiple places instead of just 1.

2. FelicksNNeekCoal

FelicksNNeekCoal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We never really liked TTR, nor did we fit in at RM. But Pearl has destroyed vacation resorts for life. We absolutely love it compared to the other two, we felt out of place at both TTR & RM. Expect at the pizza bar at RM after the disco. Other than that we love Pearl and find our selves comparing it to every other resorts we go to, even on family trips or trips with our friends. Move on to one of the Desires and make new memories.

3. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    I don't think it has as much to do with age as it does attitude. There were always older couples at TTR and we had an absolute blast partying with them. Age truly didn't, and still does not matter. It's the personality that counts, and that can't be easily read online. I realize society has shifted much in the past few years, but face to face mingling may be a diminishing art. In the past when you wanted to meet people you grabbed your mug and went over to share a laugh and conversation with them, often times while the other guy stole glances at Stephies boobs, (and no doubt I returned the favor) but today many choose to make any connection through a social platform. That doesn't work very well at the sexy pool. Unfortunately the marketing push of the last few years has brought in a crowd that does not seem nearly as inclined to mingle and reach out for that face to face connection. The result is a much subdued vibe. Management has found new ways to divide the group as well with exclusive areas and those eye-sore champagne pods around the pool, etc. To us at least, as pricing has increased the overall value has gone down. We're cutting our days at TTR by half and will only be going with known groups from now on. It's not the building, the beach, or the years that counts. It's the "nobody knows you and nobody gives a shit" attitude that seems to be lacking.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Bubba

Bubba Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0

Well I will always stop and talk with you guys! Hope all is well with you both?

5. L&E

L&E Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 1
    Would you mind sharing why you like Pearl over RM?

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I’ve always wondered that too. Way more money, and most reports are how it’s so quiet most of the time. Something must be the appeal.

7. TonyandLisa

TonyandLisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 0
    We've been 8 times now. Our first time, we fell in love with the place. So friendly and intimate. Real down to earth people, there for fun and a great vacation. Then came the renovation...... To me, it seems they wanted in on the Vegas Bottle Service market. I guess if it makes them money, that's cool, I can't argue with that. I'll probably still go until I find a better place, but if I do find a better place (or comparable), I'm out. It's clear they are out for profit and I cannot blame them, but the clientele they have attracted is no fun. Also, one thing that management has ignored.... the new resort in the DR (If it ever opens) .... how deep and long is the pool? The #1 complaint we have is the depth and length of the pool. Before the renovation it would take me an hour to get a drink because I would stop and talk to everyone in the pool, now it's like 5 minutes because no one is actually IN the pool and just hanging out on the sides.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  8. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    @Restling and @L&E I know you guys didn't ask me, but I wanted to share why I sometimes prefer Pearl over DRM:

The jacuzzi at Pearl is circular and easier to move around. Not that RM is that much more difficult, but the round jacuzzi at Pearl is easier to navigate around. Also, the beds at Pearl surround the jacuzzi, like an arena almost. At DRM, the beds are kind of far away from the jacuzzi. Also, I love the ground level of the jacuzzi and disco at Pearl vs the rooftop climb at DRM

I also think the rooms were nicer at Pearl. We usually book the cheapest room level so on that level, the Pearl rooms are much nicer. It's not a game changer by any means, but nice is nice.

Other than that, I'd say the 2 resorts are fairly even except that DRM has better late-night food options....

We were at Pearl this past March and DRM in July. Both resorts were fairly full and super fun with great guests and phenomenal staff.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. FelicksNNeekCoal

FelicksNNeekCoal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    To be upfront, we are not swingers, But we like a good time and lively entertainment.
    Pearl's pool is large enough to lounge without being on top of the couple next to you. The crowd is more sophisticated, which is more our style.
    Pearl's Hot tub is AWESOME, very large so you can hop in without being on top of anyone.

RM's disco crowd is by far the best and so is the late night food.

10. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +923 / 1
    Please keep us posted on your dates... we'd surely love to share those staring moments with you guys again! ;)
    We'll be there next Saturday and we're hoping that the vibe we know will still be there.
    For us in Canada., the first price increase is on flights as we're paying double what we used to in the last years. Hotel price is the same but depending on what changed, hopefully it'll still be worth it.
    Will report when we get back
    Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice