Covid Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Restling, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    We are leaving on Sunday, and someone just told me they thought you needed a negative test for the departure flight from the US as well, as one for the return flight? I didn’t think that was the case, but wanted to make sure.

2. Kristen78

Kristen78 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +387 / 0
    You do not need to test to go TO Mexico, only to return to the US.

We’ll be there Wednesday!

3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Thanks. Every little thing you hear gets you anxious as the trip nears.

4. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Last I have heard, TTR does not pay for your covid test. U have to pay for it. Also, you have to set up your own appointment. Bring a mask for it.
    When you check in, you might ask what their current policy is to the covid tests on site.
    stay safe and have fun

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    The departure test to Mexico depends on the airline (I think). Returning to the states all airlines require one. Our last trip (June) was on Delta and they did not require a negative test to board to go to Mexico. I booked a trip to Cancun last month (for March) on United and they are going to require a test to board on the outgoing flight to Cancun. I also booked a flight on Delta last month (for June) and they are still not requiring for outbound.

But things change frequently. Check with your airline for their current policy. Your flight booking info should have an alert/message/link if a test is needed.

6. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Everyone must set up their own appointments. As to whether or not it is complimentary, that depends on when the travel was booked. Any travel booked on May 6, 2021 or later is not eligible for complimentary testing.

7. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    And...I have never bought trip insurance before ... but I found a policy that will cover costs if Covid impacts the trip (ie..you or a traveling companion test positive before departure and are unable to depart, or have an extended stay out of country if found positive and cannot return to the states on the scheduled flight). Wasn't gong to risk $$ and then not be able to go. Most insurance vacation plans are "cautions" about covid and wont cover many things related to it.

8. Its4bothofus

Its4bothofus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 0
    Have a specific question on a worse case scenario: My wife and I plan on going to Xcaret for 2 nights after TTR before heading home.

We can either get tested on our last day at TTR, or at Xcaret since both are within 72 hrs of flight.

1) suppose we get tested at TTR hours before we check out and it's positive. Do they allow us to get a 2nd test to confirm? Would they force us to stay there and QT or let us QT in Xcaret?

2) Would we be allowed to get another test off site to confirm accuracy?

3) We are both vaccinated. So what would be the best way to ensure that we wouldn't get stuck anywhere, aside from skipping the trip?

9. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    We don’t buy insurance most times but things have changed. I just bought GeoBlue insurance. Covers Covid. Only medical coverages. We get trip insurance though the credit card we use. Only $69.00 for both of us.

10. Rcraig

Rcraig Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    You should be able to have as many tests as you want, (at least as of last month). You take whatever test results you have (from TTR or otherwise) to the airport for inspection at your airline check in and fill out a simple form with medical questions to be able leave the country. If you test positive (which is rare) you may have to leave the hotel or quarantine, but I don't think they notify your airline.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice