Tr Has Got To Expensive For The Area

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by bob and kay, Oct 10, 2021.

1. bob and kay

bob and kay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    We have been to TR 51 times but things have really changed . I feel its to expensive and the folks going there seem to not be as friendly. The last 3 time have not been much fun . We are going to try other adult only places. Has anyone here been to Ocean Maya Royale in Playa. If so please let me know your views
    Bob

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I've seen several people say they find it a different vibe too, but then blame it on prices being too cheap.

Noticing that you have been a member here for 15 years (thanks!), could it not be that you just have a different outlook than you have had over the last 15 years?

I've been going for 20 years myself and, though I usually have a good time, I'm starting to feel I'm slowly getting aged out.

Re too pricey for the area, I'd say it's comparable with hotels of a comparable nature. Yes, you can get a lower priced hotel but that comes with lower grade facilities too.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Come on Steve, your not that old and it's really never been about age, just having a fun, party outlook, the variation of age with similar outlooks was the positive thing about TTR

4. WisconsinJimmy

WisconsinJimmy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +628 / 0
    We always book on Expedia and usually book 6 months ahead. We just returned from a trip in September and I will say that the resort treated us amazingly. I had blown out my knee the week before we went and was due to have surgery two days after returning to the states. The resort bumped our room up to the tower to make it easier for me at no additional charge. Every employee at the resort went out of their way to make me feel comfortable with my crutches and leg brace. We want to go back in June but I am pricing out the trip and it is quite a bit cheaper for us to go to either Desire or Pearl. I have never seen the same trip to Desires cheaper? I am not sure what is going on maybe it's just the June Junkies take over driving the prices up? I do know this past trip was the most money we have ever paid for a trip to Temptations. Kate loves the resort so I am sure we will be back in June, I just wish the prices were where they used to be.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  5. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    We have noticed prices are up from last year but with the way the economy is and inflation thats happening it doesn't surprise me. TTR is still cheaper then other resorts like Breathless or Sandals. There still isn't a party like TTR and until we stop having fun we will continue to pay...

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    It's a very different place when you're 35 years old compared to 20 years later at 55 :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14

Indeed! It's also a Very different experience when you go experience TTR the First time... and then compare to when you go back for the 30+ time and see how things you loved, have changed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. garandcar

garandcar Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    We tried OMR a couple years ago , it was ok , be sure to bring some comfortable shoes as the restaurants and shows are approx a ten minute walk from the pool and ocean front rooms . It is a VERY spread out resort , so ,yes lots of walking . The pool is fine and has a swim up bar , but they have big bushes ocean side and one cannot see the beach at all while you are in the pool . The food was good , entertainment was good , but I don't recommend the resort . I hope your next trip to TTR is better :)

9. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    We just returned and it's just not the same place anymore for us.
    We can drink and socialize anywhere. It's become sorta basic. Back in the day, the old sexy pool was over the top and... "what will happen next!??" Not so much now. Plus as Steve said, getting older coupled with the crowd getting younger and not as "outgoing", has some to do with. Priorities and taste change as you age. The demographics and atmosphere have no doubt changed at TTR. Its obvious.

Steve, Janet, Chinos and Omar on the Boobs Cruise were the best part of this trip. They are the BEST in the business!!!! Glad we did 1 more!

We've made life long friends at TTR, and had some great times (MUCH better pre-reno), but it's time to start fulfilling the rest of our bucket list.
    Desire is 1st on that list.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  10. cabanaboy1

cabanaboy1 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Mark & Staci, you are spot on with your comments. I could not agree more with you. My wife and I have been going for over 10 years. We are older now and the place is getting younger. I think we are moving on to try something different. This getting "old stuff" is not fun!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice