Warning.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by paulmc987, Jul 17, 2021.

1. paulmc987

paulmc987 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Wow. Talk about victim shaming.... I assume you are one of those guys that blames the rape victim because of what they were wearing?

You would be amazed to find out how quickly $10k adds up when you are talking about 2 I pads. 2 laptop computers. 1 new I phone. Jewelry. Cash.

Our stuff was in the safe earlier in the day. Got back from the cruise. Slept a couple of hours and went back out. Forgot to put it away. I guarantee it has happened to everyone reading this.
    Why do I blame the hotel? Our doors were locked. Someone broke in. 4 different hotel employees told me that one of their own had to be involved. They know it was one of their own and they are actually now lying and changing what they told me. They told me they saw someone on camera go in. Then the next day they told me no one ever said that. They lied to our faces.

They know who did it and they dealing with it internally. Which I get 100%. They have to protect the brand.

But I need to be reimbursed for what we lost or we will be taking legal action.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  2. ctftcple

ctftcple Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    We have never been to TTR, or any adult resort like it. Haven’t been in LS, but we are super open minded and love the idea of sexy fun at a place we can relax. We are booked for mid-August and have been so very excited.

We are leaning towards cancelling. The theft and hotel handling is alarming. The continuing reports of younger, disrespectful and sometimes aggressive/violent guests isn’t helping. And finally — but maybe most important to us and relating to the first two — is that all older reports described an inclusive, judgment-free and casual party. People — apparently long-timers — are blaming the theft victims. I don’t know about everyone else, but we do think the hotel absolutely has a responsibility to keep its guest’s safe and comfortable and happy. We are super cautious with our safety and surroundings at home, but not going on this kind of vacation to be thinking like tactical preppers or getting battle-hardened to ward off other crazy guests. If we wanted that kind of disaster, South Beach is 30 minutes from home.

We don’t know what to think.

This was supposed to be for wife’s birthday. I (hubby) wanted her to have an amazing time. Now she’s thinking she doesn’t want to go and I hate that for her and us (I’ve been super excited too).

I am so sorry for the long post.

We are new to this forum, the resort, etc. but decided to write to know what’s up from down?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I wouldn't cancel. As like anything else, you mostly hear the bad on these pages and on Facebook. The number of happy guests is still very high. People just don't rush home to write great/good reviews, so the negative is what shows. If you look for things to be wrong, you will find them. But if you are self-aware, take note from afar of the groups and the people that look like people you would get along with, then grab some shots and introduce yourself, you will be fine and make friends.

I said the crowd changed, but that doesn't meant that I didn't still find 20-30 people to party and have a good time with those nights when it was different. Hell one day it rained and like 25 of us went to someone's master suite and had a day party on the deck, it was super fun. So the things happening elsewhere didn't make a shit worth of difference to me.

You made mention to south beach, so it sounds like you are a person that does go out, and can probably read a crowd or situation. I am not saying that people that have a negative experience recently didn't properly observe their surroundings, I am just saying that it's always in your best interest to protect yourself and keep an eye open. I don't normally leave expensive things laying around in public unattended, but that doesn't mean I haven't in a moment of not thinking left things out. Luckily I haven't had anything walk away from my chair in my most recent trip or the 14 before. I also didn't have any problems with my room. I probably had like 15K easily between cameras and stuff, electronic devices, watches, etc. I even didn't have all of it in the safe all the time. I didn't have a problem. But that doesn't mean it can't happen, just like at home your car can easily be broken into anytime anyone wants it, or whatever is in it.

95% of the guests, 95% of the time, and def on your first time love it. Some of us have been there so much, we just might nitpick from time to time.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    I went at the end of May to take part in a large singles group and was very happy with the crowd. Many were first timers and were versed in what to expect through an online group so it was respectful, fun, and many sure to be repeaters were formed. A few even joined Premier.

As for quality, there were some hiccups. I think it was mostly due to the resort trying to ramp up to full crowds again. Seemed they were without full staffing being called back yet along with a little rust in dealing with larger numbers again.
    Don't cancel. While things do happen, it is rare. I feel safer with my belongings at Temptation than I do at ANY hotel in the US. I am also in my 50s, a "get off my lawn" type who despises the spring break crowd, have been to Temptation 13 times and have 2 more trips scheduled for this year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. john_anne

john_anne Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I just got back from there today....went on the Boobs Cruise 7/19....boy, you left a lot out of the brochure....still a great time except a single guy had his hands on my wife's ass as soon as i went to the back of the boat to pee....
    one strange thing....i was at the pool and came up to my bash room mid afternoon and on the table was a bottle of champagne and desserts that i never ordered....i had the do not disturb sign on the door....i put it out in the hall and told the front desk about it and it was gone when i came back.

6. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    can't help with the Boobs Cruise issue
    but sometimes the hotel does nice things for people if its a bday or a anniversary or something like that . they did it for our anniversary one year . Did you call up and ask how it got there ?
    someone I know had an issue small one checking in and they did it for them as a sorry . not sure why the ignored the do not disturb though

7. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    every few years there are a rash of thefts .. they change some policies .. switch around some security stuff and every thing calms back down
    that is every resort every where . It doesn't change that it sucks when it happens but its a touristy place and it happens .
    personally I have had more bad experiences from married couples who think well we are a couple we can do what ever we want than I have had with singles in our whole 20 years of being in the lifestyle .
    but yeah the whole selfie thing is annoying
    at bash you are allowed to record the performers but you are supposed to not get normal people in the shot . after the show there should be a zero tolerance toward random cameras .. we have never had an issue with security going after people once pointed out .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Sunchasers35

Sunchasers35 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 3
    That wasn’t victim shaming the poster pointed out what you said.

How do you know your door didn’t latch properly behind you? How do you know the sliding door didn’t lock properly? Look I know it sucks and it’s a huge invasion of privacy. Good luck suing in Mexico,though. how much are you willing to spend on a lawyer, traveling back to Mexico multiple times for dates that continually keep getting pushed off? What happens if the hotel filles a counter suit for the accusations you make here? You said you had insurance I hope you might be able recoup some of your loss.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Was that the Black guy, thirties, curly hair, with one male friend?

We did have a problem with him. He was over handsy with my wife too, and also a friend's wife. I had a word with him, told him that if he didn't quit we'd have him off the boat, and he calmed down. I heard he bothered people at lunchtime too at the beach club, but I didn't hear about that until we were all back on the boat. He slept all the way back, so wasn't a further problem. I also heard that later he carried on his behavior at the sexy pool and ended up getting punched.

We had 87 people on the boat that day, 3 single guys, 4 single girls and 40 couples. Sorry that happened, it is very rare. Most single guys are very respectful, and we only allow very few anyway.

We do look out for this kind of thing and take action if it happens, providing we know about it. Please be sure to make myself or Jannet aware of anyone behaving in such a way.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. john_anne

john_anne Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    yep - that was him - still a great time. he didn't do anything outrageous - just slimy that he waited till i was not standing there for 30 seconds to make his move. i told him to back off and he did. and certainly no reflection on the cruise you run. you do a great job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice