Rumor…?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by D&T, Jun 9, 2021.

1. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    Wife just saw a Facebook post about charging $200 for neon tables in Bash unless you’re a Premier member. I said no way that can be true so just double checking here from recent travelers. Hope it’s false. Anyone know? Thanks.

2. typeoxpress

typeoxpress Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 1
    We will find out tomorrow night? touch down ETA 24 hours

3. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    what do they mean by neon tables ? there are the big tables , and the small tables , and then the cabana things ? \
    or something down by the pool since they are doing around the pool parties ?

4. D&T

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    I’m guessing the table tops in Bash. We already knew about the bottle service one by the pool.

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I thought I saw an explanation that it was just for certain tables when they move Bash to the pool on certain nights.

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    The thing on facebook is related to some special tables that are around the pool on neon night that are neon. I guess there is a $200 charge to request one of those.

Let me first start off by saying I do not agree with the way some of this is now with reserving specialty tables, but it is what it is. Places everywhere have specialty seating, and Temptation is just following the market trend now that is part of the industry. There must be a Desire for it, because as much as we don't want to have them, there are the people that do.

There are cabanas at Bash that get reserved, and I guess now some of the better tables around the stage at bash can also get reserved. I don't think this is all that crazy, because at night these give you a nice place to put your stuff, a common place your group can keep meeting while you circle around, and a dedicated waitress. If you have 8 people, buying 2 $45-60 dollar bottles to secure your location and a server for the night, isn't that bad of a deal if you ask me. I like to throw $20 towards the waitress anyway, so still doing that and having a chilled bottle to do some shots from isn't that bad to me. Then you can easily welcome more new friends and strangers to come sit at your table with you and party. It can be used as a ice-breaker/friend-maker.

Around the pool I would like to see less of this concept, but there is still going to be some premium areas that people can "rent". It doesn't seem to crazy to me to have a prime location or two that you might want to have for the day to celebrates someone's birthday and do something a little extra or over the top. Now I am not saying to allow these spaces to take over, but maybe just a few.

At bash the last cabana is supposed to be able to be reserved for free by a premier member. My suggestion is to just have a member in your group do that each day, and rotate the members that do. But if the resort is full, obviously they are going to try to sell this spot. I personally was asked to leave this location over NYE. Which was a surprise to me, but then I noticed I didn't actually know anyone that was in that cabana, so it made sense. Still was surprising to me, as Elyse was looking extra sexy that night, which why would you not want as many lingerie girls in your cabana as possible? But maybe my ogre ass wasn't what they wanted.

The resort is always going to have up-charge items, some people will buy them, some people won't. If spacing and seating gets out of hand where nowhere good is left, then yes I think there should be complaints to management. But even though the place is all-inclusive, that doesn't mean that everyone wants to have the exact same food and drink options as the base included package. This logically is along the same lines that there isn't just one room type, and you can pay to have many of the better room types if you so Desire.

Also remember it's Mexico, so they might say the table is $200 to reserve, but I am sure there is a way to negotiate that to something that is realistic, and might get you an extra perk you might like for a night. (for example, "what if we buy a bottle a vodka and a bunch of red bulls, can we have this table?")

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  7. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we get to bash really early so most nights we haven't had an issue getting a table once though all the big ones were reserved so we as members told our butler the one we wanted for the next night . Hated doing it seemed wrong but we have a huge group and really needed a table
    the party at the pool ..last year didn't need a table since we were in the pool . I don't get the let's have a party around the pool but you can't get in seems like a waste to me .. we would most likely just hit sports bar and have our own party if that happened ..blue tooth speakers are a good thing :)

8. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +613 / 2
    This might be an unpopular opinion, but all these "upcharges" leave a bad taste in my mouth. As a non-Premier member, it seems to me they are making less and less available to guests like me. When we first used to go to TTR (back in 2013 I think?) it was great in the sense that we didn't feel excluded in any way for not being members. Premier members had better towels, better bed locations and their own bar, OK fine, we were good with that. But at more recent visits, there are fewer pool chairs available and they're farther away. And you can't sit here at Bash or you can't use these beds on the beach. Just things I noticed here and there that made me grumble.

I get that the resort wants to make money but those things should be available as options, with plenty of other options still available in the "all-inclusive" aspect.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I don't think it's so much premier vs non-member. Really there is not too much difference there, just still the same with the things you listed above, with now added access to the sky-bar and free hydro circuit in the spa. As members we have lost some of the member menu options at some of the restaurants, and can't order from a menu at the premier bar anymore (hopefully this is corona related). I personally would rather see more of those back, and less importance on chairs, daybeds, special tables, and cabanas. Anyone can get access to the sky bar if you are in the tower, or pay the fee the one or two times you might go up there per trip. The reserved seating and bottle service are basically up-charges for everyone.

But I do understand what you are saying, they really need to make sure that even if there is special reserved seating, there are still plenty of other chairs, daybeds, and tables for everyone.

10. D&T

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    Thanks y’all for the great responses. I am just curious about it. We rarely spend time sitting around anyways. Oh well, time to start planning our next trip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice