Tourism Tax And The Website To Pay. Anybody Have News On This ?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by tw1mempho, May 10, 2021.

1. Анжела72

Анжела72 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0
    Either does my husband...I only use in case my adult kids need to communicate with me. We actually took zero photos this year...not even of my outfits in room and they no longer have the Lobby set up with photo area.

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,851 / 5
    Sitting at Guy Fieri’s waiting on our flight out and feeling like a sucker. We paid for two of the Visitax stamps, got the QR code and printed them out. Went all the way thru check in and security and no one asked! No one looked. No one cared. Wasted $24 or whatever it was.
    We also filled out the “Attestation Form” for Delta but Mexico wants their own. They give you a small paper to fill out but way easier to scan the QR code and add people to one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +274 / 0
    I did our Cancun airport tax and have our receipt online. We are going in June, so if they do not need it that will be cool.
    I also did our Mexico entry form online so will see if that makes a difference in our processing. And of course, did our covid 19 affidavits forms online too.
    Just to prove I am not the smartest person on this site, (again) I also did our TTR early registration application online too. :D
    One week to go

4. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    paid my new tax online also. No one asked for it.
    Oh well. Only $11 and Cancun has been hit pretty hard with the lack of tourists. Hope what is collected helps the area.

And for the immigration form, I still think it helps speed up your processing when done in advance. At least it seems I get fewer questions about my visit. Just stamp my passport, tear off the exit portion and I'm on my way.

5. tw1mempho

Ratings:
    +274 / 0
    hey bamoor thnks for the infor... i will post after my trip on the online process....

6. Holli

Holli Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0
    Do we still need the covid 19 affidavits forms?
    The webpage is down, so I am not sure….

7. tw1mempho

Ratings:
    +274 / 0
    Just got in to TTR , used the online version of the Mexico entry form, worked great, As they were passing out the forms on the plane, I showed the stewardess the printed-out form we had and she told me everything was great.
    Got to immigration, showed them our online Mexico entry form, the agent torn it in half, stamped it, and gave it back for our return trip (more on this later ) but the stewardess on the plane did not give us the Custom form, so once we collected our baggage and attempted to get thru customs, we had to go back and find the custom forms to fill out. (later) While that was going on, my lovey wife dropped my return stamped Mexico entry form and we did not notice it until we left the secured customs area. They refused to let us back in even when we had just walked out for less than a minute before, They told me there was nothing we could do. We begged, pointed at papers on the ground where we were in the customs area, but they refused to walk 6 yards to look for their selves.
    As far as the Covid 19 form, they took ours at immigration with our Mexico entry form, so you still might need it , not sure.
    Update: TTR front desk will not automatically sign you up for the covid 19 test at the resort. They told us we had to go to the covid 19 office (on the resort) and do that when they open at 9 am. They told us that it is still free.
    Now what to do about my lost Mexico entry form, I guess I will be using google to figure this out for on our return, I know it will cost $

8. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,851 / 5
    You can get another form and get it stamped at the airport...cost about $30 and there is usually a line. May be able to get one somewhere else too but there is a small room with two agents in the checkin area at the airport (or there used to be when we lost one a couple years ago)?

9. partytime40741

partytime40741 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    Has anyone else experienced having to register/pay this tax? We had friends that came back 2 weeks ago and they didn’t have to do anything extra.

10. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Got back from TTR last week. We paid the new tourism tax at the TTR reception desk at check-in.
    No one asked for a tourism tax payment proof at the airport, either arriving or departing.

Also, no one checked the health questionnaire/QR code, that is "required" for entry and departure. There was a long line for table space before screening (departure, at the top of the escalator) that was longer than then screening line where people were frantically filling them out, but then no one was asking for the completed forms.

covid test...simple, go make an appointment a day or two before you fly (we did ours 48 hours before departure). Tips were appreciated. Results were available in less than an hour and we linked them to our return ticket through the airline (Delta). The name used on the covid test must match your passport. The female sample collector was really nice and did not penetrate your nose that far. We heard that the male would push the q-tip to the back of your skull. New reservations (after being made some date in May) require payment, tests for reservations made prior are free.

There are body temperature monitors that all persons arriving and departing walk past.

Getting back to the states was easy, the was a CDC rep talking to random people after customs. Asking the same questions...do you have any of these symptoms? have you been exposed to anyone within the last fourteen days? I wonder what they would do if a person answered "yes".

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice