Trip Review May 19-30

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by MikeandHeather, Jun 1, 2021.

1. blevs

blevs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    We just returned last week ourselves. Also stayed in the tower and had some minor issues before we arrived with the room and funding, but was able to resolve them without too much hassle. Our first night we met a nice Ukrainian couple that nearly got us busted for skinny dipping at the beach. Still a lot of fun. Enjoyed the entertainment esp. on Fri and Sat night. Most of the staff was very polite and met some great people. The Boobs Cruise was fun. Wish there was less time on the island and more participation skinny dipping, but maybe next time. Sea was pretty rough that day. The biggest praise I can give about our first trip is that my wife is ready to make plans for the next.

2. TigerTown

TigerTown Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0
    Even though I fall within the age range of the demographic in question, I actually was quite relieved to lock my phone up in my room and check out for most of the day.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,807 / 5
    We are the same. Don’t need a phone on vacation except once a day to see if the house burned down! Demographic was more of a generic term that was not targeting “age” as much as “type”....was never good at big words.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. L&E

L&E Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 1
    First of all, great report!

As far as the alcohol goes, I'm not sure that they substitute other liquor in the bottle, but I'm 99% sure that they water it down somehow, and that can certainly alter the taste of it.

That said, I'm also pretty sure that if they did NOT water down the liquor, people would get really, really drunk, and not in a good way.

5. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,807 / 5
    Agree on the “get really drunk” as volume intake does seem to triple there (but there were still a lot of wheelchair exits that week) but our experience 2-3 different times was not watered down (unless they watered it down with turpentine or grain alcohol). It just plain tasted wrong. We usually aren’t picky and can drink anything but one night at Bash (lobby bar) and the Party Crawl night at Sky, the drinks were unpalatable (we either order Don Julio (or Patron) on the rocks or with water or sprite).. could have been the ice, water or soda .... or the alcohol but something was off. All good the rest of the trip though???

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Thanks for the Trip report Mike! Glad to hear a lot of different things. Obviously not glad I wasn't there with you.

A few things:

1. How was the sunset to sunrise party?

2. If you were complaining the booze tasted funny, then there is no doubt in my mind it wasn't what it was supposed to be in the bottle. I have thought this time to time again at night, but at that point you know how I am, so I am not going to trust myself on my "expert" opinion. However, I trust yours. And this is never a problem, or in doubt, during the day at the premier bar.

3. Also agree on the phone thing. Sadly this is here to stay. You can't go anywhere anymore without the phones out and up. Even at a kid's birthday party 50% of the guests, and definitely the parents, are recording the happy birthday song. I never get this. Like who are you recording it for??? The people that aren't there. I'd rather sing the song and look at my kid directly with my eyes. But the trend is now set and established in 2021, this is how it is. One person has their phone out, 1 turns into 2, 2 to 4, then 4 to 8, etc as they feel they are now doing something wrong if they aren't recording. People can't even watch fireworks, go on rides, or do the most basic of fun things without their phones recording. When you look up from doing anything remotely entertaining anymore it's all cameras out and up. It's like "I'm doing funny drunk impressions at the bar, please don't record it. It's funny now, not recorded for sober people that aren't here". Sadly trying to get this to go away is like fighting the tide.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  7. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,807 / 5
    Thanks Steve. Missed you guys too but met some of your past “compadres”. The Party Crawl was definitely well done. Wrote up some detail in this thread:
    Glow Pool Party??
    ....overall I hope they do it regularly. Will have to be a mid week thingas hey can’t hold anymore in the pool up there then they had. We did take a couple hours off between 11 and 1 but did make it to sunrise. There are a few things they can tweek at Sky to make it safer and more Party focused (they have so much space on the sides that went unused) and the soap was dangerous!
    I can never be absolute but you know how we drink tequila (and how much) so just putting it out there as a “hmmm??”. Did not have any issue with our drinks from Premiere or Oasis or anywhere (or time) else.... except that Purple Shit shots will really sneak up on you....at least the 8th or 9th one will ;)
    I think the “Pope Steve”is funny anywhere but people were literally recording constant at Bash and also from Bash deck down to the Poolside games during the day. JJ tried to control it but you are not going to see my ass in anymore Belly Flop or other contests until the phones go away....sad because I do need more cheap TTR hats and TShirts!
    Have fun...you guys are close to going I think?

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    What is Oasis?

You sure you don't want to win the sexy legs contest 5 more times?? :)

Yes we are headed soon. June 18th-27th!!!!

9. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,807 / 5
    Quiet pool bar...or that’s what Heather calls it......???? Yeah don’t need pics of that hitting You Tube!!!

10. KLK@99712

KLK@99712 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0
    I agree, I can’t stand them Hookahs. Stinky ass things. We both got sick on our fourth night so we missed the crawl. We got muntzumas revenge, 36 hours wasted basically out of our week. Was a fun week, the first few days had a younger single crowd, then they left. I wonder how much different it is without the singles week? We already booked another trip to TTR for the first week of November.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice