Trip Report, Dirty Vibes - Tryst April 27 - May 2

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Matt and Lisa, May 27, 2021.

1. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    We were always very hesitant about doing a takeover. Mostly it had to do with us being members and feeling like if we didn’t use our membership that we would be missing out on some nice perks during the week. We had also heard mixed reviews regarding the crowd and the possibility of it being clique. Splitting the party at night also seemed like a potential issue. We decided after the last few trips to Temptation that we would like to try this out and see what it was like for us. We decided to go about 3 weeks before Dirty Vibes – Tryst April 27 – May 2. We booked through the Dirty Vibes group.

Getting there- The flight there was the usual journey half-way across the world for us. I’m sure most of you had gotten up for the day, had morning sex, breakfast, lunch, and completed a full day of work before we arrived in Cancun from Alaska. We are committed to a good time though and so it’s a price we happily pay. At one point we are going to have to join the mile high club, but I digress. Once we got to Cancun the transportation was great as usual. The Dirty Vibes organizers had actually arranged for there to be Tito’s Vodka in the vans for sale. Nice perk since it’s hard to come by in Cancun.

Check in- Walking into the resort we could already tell that there was something MUCH different going on. There were gorgeous people EVERYWHERE. I know some people may not like me saying this because everyone is beautiful in their own way, and I definitely agree with that. Anyone who knows us, knows we appreciate people for many things and love the diversity that Temptation brings, and we love meeting everyone. For this particular week though it is very Lifestyle oriented, and it was very easy to find couples that we were excited to meet. We seemed to have walked into the Playboy mansion and Hugh had brought all his best. At Check in it was very easy. The vast majority of the rooms (I think I heard 85%) that week were part of the takeover, this made the staff at the counter know exactly what to do. There weren’t going to be room upgrades or anything special because it was sold out and room bookings were through the group. We had a tower room.

Room – The room in the Bash Tower was great as usual. It is what we always have as members and so we are accustomed to this room. I would HIGHLY recommend that when booking with the takeover that you book in the tower. There are other room types available, but everyone in the tower is part of the group and so it makes the experience even better. We are all about having 3a room service with our friends and then doing the walk of shame (*ahem* pride) naked back to the room. You'll see many interesting sights on the way back as well. If you can afford to get a master suite or penthouse then this is a great time to splurge as the room will definitely get use during the week.

Pool days – This is where the takeover really started to really stand out. Just walking down to the pool there is a different atmosphere. We fell in love with Temptation the first time we went in mid-April with the April Addicts. Those people know how to party and showed us the way. We’ve since been 8 more times and this was on another level. People here are non-stop energy and everyone is there to party. Even if you want to chill for a bit before getting going like I do, you’ll find that the people watching is super entertaining. Everywhere you look there is some fun shenanigans going on in the sold-out pool full of sexy people. On that note, the shenanigans, seem to be very much tolerated this week compared to any other week we’ve experienced. I’m talking about the good type of shenanigans that people love to tell stories about, like what you hear the old Temptation used to be. I’m assuming that security tolerates a lot more when the group has nearly the entire resort. The games were mostly the same and the playmakers did a great job. We were just there is February though and 75% of them seemed to be new. We do miss a lot of our favorites but are happy to at least catch Natascha there one last time before she went stateside. One very nice change at the pool was the arrival of an actual DJ. I’m not talking about the resident DJ with the Spotify playlist on repeat. The Dirty Vibes group bring in their own DJs and they are a gamechanger. #1 complaint about Temptation is music from most people, when this is fixed it’s amazing what a change it has on the place. One thing I must also mention is that there was zero issue with cliques. We are always very social and make it a goal to meet everyone at the resort. Obviously difficult to do, but we love meeting new people and tend to bounce around like crazy. Everyone we met brought us right into a conversation and were so very nice. There is absolutely nothing to worry about with this. I got many welcome Mexican luge shots, they don't call me the Butt Snorkler for nothing :).

Catamaran Cruise – We loved the Boobs Cruise and have gone a couple times. The group organized cruise was on Thursday and did not disappoint. It was sold out and I felt it had more room onboard than what we had experienced with the BC. They also brought a couple of their DJs onboard, and one played on the way to Isla and the other on the way back. It was nice to change it up when different DJs have different styles, and it gives a good mix. I'm sure those DJ's were having the time of their lives as well with all the beautiful naked girls dancing on the pole and twerking like they have to make their rent tomorrow. Overall, the party was really good on the way to the island for lunch. The way back it went on overdrive, and we had an amazing time. 100% recommend this if you go to the takeover.

Bash/Night party – Dirty Vibes brought in 6 of their own DJ’s, some of which were a pair that worked in tandem. This was worth the price of admission in itself. The music was so much better than what you’ll always hear at Bash. The group also had their own alternate themes that somewhat coordinated with the resort themes with the exception on one or two. We love theme nights and both of us get into it and dress up every night. If you've been to the resort with us you know how I love to make sure that Lisa feels somewhat uncomfortably embarrassed to walk down with me. It's a source of pride and I take it seriously. We go a few times a year and so it was nice to mix it up from the normal resort themes. One very nice perk was that the parties were done upstairs on the rooftop pool. We’ve been saying forever that this space is so underutilized for how nice it is up there. It was so great to see that space used and it’s exactly how we would have expected it to be, perfect. Temptation should take note and do this more often. The DJ booth is in a great spot, the bar is big enough and lots of space to spread out and dance. It’s also great on a hot night to get a little breeze. Overall, this was a great upgrade from Bash. The group also had their own entertainment up there with one night being a foam night in the pool. Another nice benefit of being part of the group were the after parties. Usually if you aren’t ready to go back to the room when Bash ends, there aren’t many options. When the main party ended every night the after party was at the sports bar and it was always packed. I swear that no one seemed to sleep the entire 5 nights.

At this point if you’re still reading you can tell that we are fans of the takeover. I honestly can’t think of any negatives for us. With that many people there you think you would be sure to find some asshole that ruins a good time and there was none of that. Just a bunch of people that were having a great time and understood LS etiquette and with it being couple only there wasn’t the wolf packs roaming around either that seem to find trouble. We have been members of the resort for a few years now and never regretted it. We feel that Temptation is our home away from home and loved that we got our membership there. This is the first time that we regretted it because now we just want to go with the Dirty Vibes group and wouldn’t use it to go then. Of course, there is the option to pay to be part of the party without booking a room through them, so we always have that option. I’m sure I’m missing something in this trip report, but it’s already a novel so I’ll stop here. Any questions, just ask!

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Awesome review and it made me excited, almost as excited as some of the pictures I was seeing as it was happening, and loved the video of Lisa behind the DJ booth at the skybar.

All the positives are what Temptation needs to do to keep this resort going the right direction/getting back on the right track, and attract the demo we THOUGHT they were going for. Instead I feel this last year it has been at lot more of a younger/flashy/cheap/prudish/disrespectful crowd and frankly (in the nicest way possible) not as good looking or well put together. (and please those things I'm writing aren't towards anyone that is newer that is also a part of this page, the people that you find here on CCC are what we are looking for, it's the one-and-done type guests that booked with little research and will probably not go again, and blow their loads on expressive bottle service, as they don't give the staff a dime, adn don't even dress up or take their tops off. And they cause the douche problems, with fighting and harassing girls that aren't interested. I am looking much more for the type of crowd described in your TR. Not trying to be judgy, and I love love the diversity that Temptation has/had, but on a personal level it's nice to have people you are attracted to, in a way that's more than just for a good party/drinking time.

When you read things like this, you really question why Temptation doesn't open their eyes and try to market to this type of crowd and demographic more??!! But maybe it's easier and cheaper to market other ways. And I think that's part of the problem anymore. But MAYBE and I HOPE that changes after corona. And then you realize it seems so stupid that TTR management didn't look at this party, and see what the use of professional DJs, and using the skybar has to offer.

Thanks for taking the time to do the write-up. It really might be a factor on me going next year. I will have to see how the feel is on this June 18th trip. Which I am very hopeful could be different, because it seems there are a lot of people going that have their Temptation Shit together, hahaha :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
  3. RicknAmanda

RicknAmanda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    Awesome TR! We’ve considered the DV or the Wicked takeovers for a while now, but didn’t pull the trigger. We also miss the “old” resort crowd and feel. Since we were lucky to do two trips pre renovation, we fell in love with the place. Unfortunately, our only trip back to the new resort in 2018 was exactly what Scuba Steve said. We decided to do our week in 2019 at RM instead. But, we still missed the vibe of TTR and decided to give it a go in September. We’re also hoping the crowd then has an “old” TTR feel! If not, we may be looking at April for next year and the take over.

4. Matt and Lisa

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    That’s pretty much exactly what we’ve run into on our trips. We’ve always still had a great time, but the one and some types that you’re referring to seem to have replaced the Canadians who are dearly missed. The takeover almost guarantees that those people won’t be there because it’s a ton of repeat couples and it just seems to attracts a different crowd.

Don’t wait for next year. We will be there Oct 19-24 for Dirty Vibes Wicked Eden.

5. Matt and Lisa

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    We are going to the Takeover again in October. https://www.dirty-vibes.com/wicked-eden-2021/

A
    re you guys members as well? You can pay the fee for the party and then the promoter will release the room to book through Premier. Nice to get the member benefits while still getting to do all the extra takeover events.

6. RicknAmanda

RicknAmanda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    we’re not members. We just didn’t see the benefits as our travel is only once a year or less.

7. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Yes, couldn't agree more about the Canadians. Expressed that point many times on here with my two most recent trips being Aug 2020 and then NYE week 2021, and feeling the pain of not having them, and their manners, respect, fun and kindness at the resort.

Sadly, well not really sadly for me, that Oct trip won't work. My 3 friends any I are headed to Vegas for the Eagles Raiders NFL game. It should be a wild time with the boys, and my one friend already secured us a free penthouse suite on the strip from one of his clients.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 27, 2021
  8. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    We are members, and I was very happy with our purchase. But just like you said, you really need to be traveling twice a year to make it completely worth it. We normally do one Adult trip and one family trip yearly. I have used the membership with great success for the family trips. The most recent was at Hotel Xcaret and our top floor two deck room, with Jacuzzi on the one deck, was amazing. I was able to re-coop almost half of the cost of the membership on Referrals (before that perk shit the bed), and we really utilize the extra perks at Temptation (except the butler ironing your clothes one, I just can't see my man Armamdo doing that for me, hahaha)

9. Matt and Lisa

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Can’t beat what those guys do for us. It’s so nice to have the butler and can’t see doing it any differently now.

10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Thanks for the trip report, and glad you had a great time. How long is the flight, and is it non stop?

As for the takeovers. Do you think it is more fun because there are more lifestyle people there? Not to be too personal, but more selection than during regular times?

We've always gone at a time of a lot of repeaters, and the resort is full. I think more people just gives the place more energy, I would guess. Do you think the advantage of the takeover is more for lifestyle couples, or would everyone enjoy it?

How much extra was it as well?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice