Music At Bash

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BabyDanish16, May 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I am a huge music person and do have some pretty specific tastes. I do 100% agree it is too loud, and that's coming from someone who plays the drums and has hearing problems. "Too loud" is not normally in my vocabulary, as I am a very loud person in general, but it is too loud at Bash. It makes it difficult to socialize, and I actually think that prevents some "friendships" ;) from forming. Can't pick up any unicorns, if you can't hear all my wickedly funny material. I then have to count on my looks and dance moves, which just don't hit home runs, hahahahaha.

As far as the content of the music, that I am less bothered by. I mean there is a lot going on, so I don't focus so hard on the song itself. The DJs can be all over the board with the types of music, which IMO has to happen, but I don't think they do a great job transitioning with the mixes. For me personally I don't normally take issue with the song selections until I am past the halfway mark on my trip. Then it's like "oh god again, I have heard this song 5 times today." and that I think is a problem. The same song should not be played more than once during the day, and then once again at night. There is plenty of music out there, so the repeating just is not necessary.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  2. KSfun

KSfun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Vegas has the over/under odds for the times I hear Pitbull (Mr. Worldwide!) during our week in June at 29.

I'm personally betting the over.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    You WILL hear Desposito every night, sometimes as many as three times in One night. DJ personal record, I think.

I sort of agree with Restling, as it's not literally "the same music every night," and I've been there a LOT of nights. But, the above comment about (paraphrasing), "Gee, look at all those people dancing and having a hella-good time. Can't have that, let's change the music." That seems to happen all the time.

Being a DJ requires some skill, and an ear and a knowledge of the music you're playing, ahve recently played and are abut to play... but the Bash DJ seems to have some sort of condition that hates it when other people around him seem to be having fun so he tries to pee in everyone's bowl of cereal. So to speak.

That being said... Stacia in her panties, Pasties and Heels and I hardly even hear, much less pay attention to, the music. Put nearly naked Stacia and friends inc ompany and start delivering shots... well then. Problem solved.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    I kind of figure it this way when I am at Bash or any other place that I hope my wife shakes her bits on stage Im looking for fun music. I don’t care about the genre or even language. Fun music gets the dance floor full be it Mr worldwide or some 50s remix. If the dance floor isn’t full the music isn’t working and neither is the DJ. It seems too often TTR DJs are punching a time clock and just pull songs from some preprogrammed playlist. They don’t really watch the crowd or care if one song works with another.

Every night is different and every night the DJ needs to read the crowd. That is done by watching the crowd and trying different types of music until the type that gets people up Is found. One night it may be a lot of Latin and the next 90s R&B. Hell it might be both in one night as the evening wears on. Im sure that has to be exhausting night after night but the guest as a whole(not individually) deserves to be catered to. Music and the volume are constant and one of the top complaints trip after trip for people. Bash is a big part of TTR and management needs really address it. They should realize it's not the particular songs or type of music that is the problem. It is the lack of the DJ catering to the overall crowd that he/she is presented with. 100% satisfaction is never going to be obtained and there will always be a bad night. However, when there is thread after thread on CC complaining about the music at Bash there is a real problem that needs attention. To their credit, I know TTR has made attempts to address this but it seems it is still a significant problem.

Oh and any DJ that plays Sweet Caroline should be made to sit through endless timeshare sales seminars. In my humble opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    What ..drunk people love sweet caroline ... especially drunk half naked people at TTR .. touching you ..touching me .. is sung really loud by all
    hehehehe

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Complaints about "the DJ" have been going on for the last 20 years. Music tastes are so varied with the wide age group and demographics. There is no one size fits all.

You guys realise there is not one DJ but 8 or so throughout the week that all do different slots and staggered timeframes?

I also think that when we are all at Temptation we hear far more music than we might at home, at least I do. If you're a 10am to 2am person with a couple of hours nap you're going to hear about 14 hrs of music per day for what, 5 or 7 days? Most of us don't listen to that much in day to day life.

Imagine listening to the same radio station for 14 hrs a day for 5 or 7 days straight. You think you won't hear the same song multiple times?

Give the guys a break - they do what they can, and have management directed parameters to work within.

I heard today the hotel have just hired two new DJ's for summerfest. One from the US one from Canada.

They all try. No DJ wants to be known as a bad one, but it is a thankless task.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  7. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Steve, I totally accept your observation...if it was me I'd be playing Hendrix and Eric all day and night !!!.... not sure that'd be everyone's genre, however, on our last visit, the DJ cleared the dance floor and carried on playing what was "crap" music.. people gave up and simply drifted off.... it was appalling. I even had a face off with him at the bar but he didn't change what he was playing... end of party that night.. not what you go on vacation at TTR and pay your bucks for..... not a good experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    when we had that one guy that wouldn't take any requests .. and I asked him about it he told me hey I have been given a list by the hotel management of what to play if I go off that list I will get in trouble
    I called bullshit and went to the playmakers ..they called bullshit
    I don't think he came back after that so the staff does try

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,846 / 5
    Still think it more the “vibe”, atmosphere and environment that the DJ is responsible to create, manage and key in to....the music is only the vehicle, not the destination. As has been said previously, this is what peeves us. They get a vibe going and then seem to intentionally kill it or they don’t try to get it back???

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    *Gagging*

But... funny!

I can NOT stand that stupid song. But you're accurate, drunken half, or nearly-all-the-way naked people sing the refrain etc all the time...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice