New Covid Spike

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Vegas in TX, May 13, 2021.

1. Vegas in TX

Vegas in TX Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0
    I saw a news article stating that Cancun is seeing a COVID spike and has moved the area back under "orange" restrictions. How is this affecting life at the resort?

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 5
    Should be interesting as I think they are sold out for Memorial Day?

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,162 / 7
    I don't think it will effect the resort. I get the feeling that what goes on in the walls in these hotels is what it is, and no one is really monitoring things. I was there in August and it was practically sold out, and then again for NYE and it was sold out (and by sold out I don't mean they were at maximum Covid capacity. I mean the hotel was full). The resort was essentially running exactly the same. The differences were that the buffet was assisted, the restaurants were on a "more difficult to figure out" open/close rotation than normal, they setup burger and nacho stands outside under the ramp by the pool, and the employees all wear masks. My understanding is the buffet is no longer assisted, hopefully that stays.

If only a very very very small amount of guests are testing positive at check-out, and the employees aren't all showing up with high temperatures, then logic would dictate extra measures aren't necessary.

I don't want to speak for Steve, but I do think with the yellow and orange levels the Boobs Cruise guest numbers have to be adjusted, and maybe that is something that is more regulated than hotel guest capacity. So if you are planning on a Boobs Cruise, than I suggest making your deposit.

4. Vegas in TX

Vegas in TX Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0
    We are going to be there over Memorial day, and from what I understand the hotel is expected to be full. Just want to make sure we aren't going to have our vacation canceled due to the new restrictions.

5. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    We were there when they reopened in early July 2020 and they were reporting 30% capacity. We wanted to change rooms and couldn't because they were at 100% capacity for July 4th weekend.

6. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    they were level red ..so orange is better

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    It's not. Never has since they reopened last June. The move to Orange hasn't affected anything in day to day life either.

Cancun hasn't been red under the State Semaforo system, maybe under the National system.

But the State system takes precedence over the National system.

8. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    it was probably for Mexico not cancun specific

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I very much doubt that they'll lose the opportunity to "make your money" by cancelling you. My understanding from the "Depths of COVID" last year was that the hotels merely paid some sort of fine, which was designed to be less than the profit they'd make if they overbooked the recommended capacity.

Cynical, I understand, but hey. Everyone's gotta eat.

10. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Today they had 125 rooms check in to take them to a 95% capacity. But the hotel yay how is still limited to a 60% capacity.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice