Remaining Balance Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by AlyssaP1986, May 10, 2021.

1. RandAsexy

RandAsexy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    We went through the resort and paid in full at the time of booking.

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 5
    All of our previous trips that’s what they did, just billed us on the same CC. But this upcoming trip (next week) we got a remaining balance due email. Here is the kicker....I actually read it (fine print or reading in general, not my strong suit...) and it’s not for the same room type we booked and have a confirmation for. So I called the number above and sure enough there was a “screw up” on their end (I read that as somebody was willing to pay a lot more but I am a cynic).
    So...you may want to read the room type on the email and make sure?
    We had never gotten this “balance due” in previous trips and I can only imagine trying to work it out after we paid it as the front desk is not the most user friendly experience sometimes. Unfortunately we are not getting the room type we had confirmed for the whole stay and will have to switch mid trip.....but the ‘arrangement’ made is acceptable to us and will not bring us down on our first vacation in a year! Now we will see what happens when we get there!!!

3. AlyssaP1986

AlyssaP1986 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +187 / 0
    Oh no!! I will definitely go back and check!!

4. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,844 / 5
    We booked directly though the resort too. Then we upgraded a couple weeks later when the TOWER25 promo was going on and got a great deal on the PH. Too great of a deal I think? Now we have a Master for half and the PH for half, again...we will see.... ;)

5. blevs

blevs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    I called to pay the balance of our reservation three weeks before our scheduled check-in. A week later I received an email reminder saying I need payoff the balance in the next 24 hours to hold our reservation. When I called I was able to confirm the balance has been paid, but they won't send a confirmation email. All I have is the credit card statement. Still hopeful everything will go through smoothly, but that shit is both annoying and stressful.

6. AlyssaP1986

AlyssaP1986 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +187 / 0
    They did end up charging it yesterday after I had already got off the phone with them, and they also didn’t send me a confirmation email. I did think that was odd!

7. Elizabeth Evans

Elizabeth Evans Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0
    We never received an email or call from the resort about our final payment. We got a note they cancelled our reservation last night. We had tried to call multiple times to arrange ground transportation, and calls and emails went nowhere. Fortunately, we did get through first thing this morning and was able to pay ... probably my bad - been a rough 2021 - but I assumed they just auto-charged.

8. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    That’d be a nightmare. That close to departure and no room, even though you thought you had one. I worry about it every year.

From our June 10th reservation date I called in a couple days earlier than the two week auto pay to make the final payment (put a note in my calendar) Just wanted to make sure we didn’t miss a notification or they attempted to charge a card that was expired/ cancelled/ lost/etc because I forgot which card I used for the reservation. Not a conspiracy theorist....but....the resort matched a killer price for a tower room (made the reservation in December) and I didn’t want to take a chance of getting it cancelled, accidentally or otherwise.

I didn’t get a confirmation email that day I paid so I called back the next day and requested one. Had it in a few minutes.

The resort will send an email about a month before a reservation. That email offers their ground transportation. If you don’t get that email then I would worry that the reservation has been lost or cancelled.

Another good way to secure your reservation is to make a partial payment a couple months out....just to make sure they still have the reservation.

Good to hear you were able to get your reservation back. The resort is pretty booked up for mid June. Hope to see you there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice