Remaining Balance Question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by AlyssaP1986, May 10, 2021.

1. AlyssaP1986

AlyssaP1986 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    Hey all! My husband and I are set to arrive on May 31st. We booked directly through the resort, so they only took a deposit. I tried to call today to pay off the remaining balance, and the nice lady on the phone said the system wouldn’t allow any payment until check in. Has anyone ever heard this? From my research, I thought most people paid 2 weeks from arrival. I just like to have things squared away as much as possible before a trip.
    Thanks I’m advance for any input!

2. lakemichiganboaters

lakemichiganboaters Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    At most resorts when you book direct they get the final payment at check in. I know what you mean about having things done before you go but I think you are ok!

3. AlyssaP1986

Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    This is our first time to Temptations, but we have visited 9 other resorts in the area. Typically when we book, everything is paid at the time of booking. That’s just what we’re used to, so it stresses me out a little knowing we have a balance due. Paying it before we got there would have just given a little piece of mind and makes it feel more official I guess.

4. K&M2006

K&M2006 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I had the same feelings as you.. I sent a dm on Facebook and had them charge my balance. They had zero issues and did it the day after contacting them

5. AlyssaP1986

Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    I wish they would let me. When I called, she said i couldn’t pay. I was taken aback and asked again because I was sure I heard her wrong.

6. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    You are correct. Temptation will charge the final full payment to the credit card you used for the deposit two weeks before arrival.

point of contact in case you tried a different number:

Temptation Experience 1-888-299-7705 from USA & CAN

LADA 800 MEX: 01 800 215 1000

Monday - Friday 08:00 to 20:00 Hrs (CST)

Saturday 09:00 to 18:00 Hrs (CST)

7. K&M2006

K&M2006 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    That’s why I sent a message on Facebook they gave me 2 email addresses and charged my balance the next day. Temptation@original-group.com was the email they responded to

8. AlyssaP1986

Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    They told me that it couldn’t be paid until arrival at the resort. I had seen in these forums that it was 2 weeks before and several people paid early. That’s why I tried this morning since we are 3 weeks out. That’s why I was confused when they wouldn’t allow me to.

9. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    That's odd. What did your confirmation e-mail say? They even allow periodic payments if a person wants to spread out the cost of the trip.

10. AlyssaP1986

Ratings:
    +183 / 0
    Well weird turn of events since I got off the phone with her... I got an alert from the fraud department of my bank that they had declined a transaction from Mexico, so I assume she learned after I got off the phone with her that she could go ahead and do it.

So I called fraud department back and cleared it, called temptations back, so now we’re all paid up!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice