Music At Bash

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BabyDanish16, May 7, 2021.

Tags:
  1. BabyDanish16

BabyDanish16 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all! So I’ve been lurking for a bit and finally got the nerve to post. Heading to TTR 5/10-15 and have some questions about Bash. Is the music really that terrible?? What does terrible even mean? Lol. Can anyone who has been recently give the low down on what kind of music is being played and if it’s really that bad?

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    It’s loud...not like “if it’s too loud your too old”....just loud. DJ’s don’t seem to play to the crowd, they seem to play whatever. They get a good song or beat and everyone starts dancing and then the next song is like as far away from that as possible so everyone clears out. Just my opinion and I like all types of music but they seem to try and buzzkill constantly???

3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    I’ll drop in with the contrarian opinion. I don’t dance, never have, likely never will. I do however like music. Play it all the time, been asked to dj weddings but don’t, and play music at high school basketball games.

I’ve never had a problem with the Bash music unless it’s their Latin mix. Loud yes, music quality bad? I don’t thinks so. I also don’t agree with the comments saying, “they play the same songs every night”. Of course, music like food, is subject to everyone’s opinion.

4. BabyDanish16

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you feel like they ever manage to get a consistent vibe going or is it like this annoying back and forth all night. I’m just really looking forward to dancing and will be bummed if it’s lame...

5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    lots of threads/strong opinions on this. Basically there is no consensus what is good music to be be played, but there is a common thread that the music played at Bash can suck at times....a lot of times.. It's OK at times also, and some enjoy it, but can be way too loud to visit) . The later it goes the worse it can get as the DJ shows off their talent for finding crap music and blending it together.. Seems like there is one song that will empty the dance floor can go for about 45 minutes (the DJ is proud of that one and needs to play it)

Best way I have found to enjoy Bash is to have a tolerance (and acceptance?) for what the DJ plays and don't let it ruin the night. Drinks and skimpily dressed women will make the music acceptable.

What is played:
    some top 40, Latin dance music, lots of Bruno Mars and Pitbull, rap, Latin rap, country rap, old rap, new rap, gangsta rap, the standard party track...some wedding dance songs, and that country song about riding a cowboy.
    nothing slow/romantic at all. Very little classic rock. Is 80's classic rock? Nothing from the 70's.

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  6. BabyDanish16

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply! I do enjoy most music too but am definitely a dancer. Really not a fan of techno/EDM though. Can you comment on what kinda genres they play? Pop, hip hop, R&B, rock, etc. Also, what do you not enjoy about the Latin mix?

7. BabyDanish16

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you! This was the exact kinda info I was looking for!

8. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    it really depends on the DJ for that night
    one year there was one dumbass guy who spent the whole night playing crap music wouldn't play anything anyone asked for
    I want to say that theme night was the throwback or something ..where normally they play 60 70 80s stuff and the whole place dances
    he played edm music all night ..fucker .. we sicked some playmakers on him ..complained to every staff person we could find and then at the end personally named him on the comment cards .. didn't see him after that .
    our favorite is Charlie .. god help me if that name is wrong got my second shot and am feverish and super tired .. so my brain is fried .
    last 2 years on our trip they have been really good

9. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    My theory is that 11pm-12am is the best music, right after the show. 12am-2am they switch to the 'crap playlist' because clearing people out and getting them to bed is the target objective. If they continued to play the tunes that had the dance floor pumping 12am - 2am, you have a lot of party people crowding the bar and wanting to continue all night long. Can agree about the day music. It's fine in the day, just way, way too loud. We fondly refer to the DJ as 'DJ Conversation Killer'. I already have bad hearing, it's not fun when you can't understand what the person right next to you is saying because the music is drowning everything out.

I'm not fussy with music either. I like a variety. I'm happy with oldies, rap, rock, dance, EDM. Can't get along with the latin songs though. Every song sounds exactly the same. It's like an hour of one song on repeat. Drinking lots does dull the ears and makes the music more palatable, but my liver would be happier if I didn't have to drink heavily to enjoy a night at Bash.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I agree with @mexico24 - the music is a mix of popular songs across different genres. If you've never been there, I think you'll be fine. The issue many people, like me, have is when they play the same songs every night. You might not notice this on your first stay and that's great, seriously. I've been there maybe 8 or 9 times (maybe more) and I feel many of the same songs are played at every stay.

For instance, we were at Temptation this past March. It was our first visit in over a year due to the pandemic. Sure enough, as expected, the following songs played: "Despacito", "Uptown Funk", "Blurred Lines", "Shake That", "Timber" and a few others... It's not a huge deal , but it would be nice to know they update their playlist.

With respect to their Latin mix that @Restling referred to, I feel that when they start playing the Latino music that none/few of the guests are familiar with, it's time to go back to the room. It's not well-known artists like Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, Daddy Yankee, Shakira, Marc Anthony or other familiar (to the average American listener, I guess) artists. I'm OK dancing to a song I don't know, but not like 5 or 6 straight songs, especially in a foreign language. So yeah, when that mix starts, I figure it's time to call it a night.

Tip: when you get to Bash for the nightly show, don't sit near the speakers unless you like LOUD beats in your ear.

Bottom line: if this is your 1st time, you should have a good time and the music should be enjoyable.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice