Present, And Previous Covid Drm Occupancy Rates?

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Stacia_and_John, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Hi, y'all.

Real quick, I'd like to find out from people who've been to Desire Riviera Maya (DRM) in the past six (6) months, through as close to the present as we can get, what the "Occupancy Rate" of the property was during their trip? Just a quick, off-hand guesstimate is fine, i.e. 10% 75%, whatever.

The reason I'm assking is that a bud on here and I were texting and he mentioned that one of the Owners (meaning, part of the Owner's family) was bemoaning the very low occupancy at both Desires, indicating to my friend that DRM's was averaging around 10% to 20% for the COVID months.

THAT low strikes me as so low they'd not be able to even stay open for business.... and counterintuitively, their prices have gone UP from a couple years ago, I just checked my 2017 reservation against the one for February of this year that's pending.

A. $1,380/night for Passion Suite (Full RAC rate) for Feb. 2019 (High season, sure)

B. $1,172/night for Passion Suite (Full RAC rate) for April 2017 (low season)

Interesting, huh?

2. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
  3. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,808 / 5
    Maybe “that” is your answer.....just kidding but if no one has gone then no one can answer.... ;)

4. 10uhC

10uhC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0
    Just left and was told 80-90%. Weather was cool but pool and jacuzzi were both full and it seemed like any other Desire trip.

5. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    It's weird, regardless.

See how many people have looked at this thread and not responded? Then, same question posed on a FB group for DRM with something like 6K members and about 20-odd responses from a time span from Oct - Dec and everyone reporting occupancy from a mid-week low of 25-30 to a weekend or holiday high of 75-90...

The swing in people arriving for a weekender to DRM is natural and we've seen that for ourselves pre-COVID and no real reason for that to be altered, except in total volume I guess.

Still strange. I Would have expected it to be universally down, like in the 40-60 range... as that was the way TTR was and they always sort of populated independently (meaning most people only really frequent one or the other(.

6. 10uhC

10uhC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0

A LOT of yellow bands on this last trip. I'm sure most don't know of or stay off of these boards.

7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    John...new marketing and I believe more newbies than oldies now visiting.
    Their marketing must be working.
    Certainly younger and younger crowd for sure.

8. DVnKB

DVnKB Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Newbies, here, yeah ;-)
    We booked a week ago for late March. There weren't that many "Ocean View" options available to us, so I assumed they must have somewhat decent occupancy. But maybe that's because there aren't too many "Ocean View" units to start with?

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    You got it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice