Anyone From The Uk Got Plans To Visit Soon?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Mkog91, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Mkog91

Mkog91 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Hi guys, 1st attempt was cancelled in December due to covid restrictions..

We are in lockdown atm so no travelling out of the country right now but we had our fingers crossed for our March trip. We are happy to quarantine on return if needed but we are running out of ways to get there.. Our direct flights with British Airways have just been cancelled again! Hotel was booked separately and is fully paid / non refundable so will be gutted if we lose out.

All other flights involve transiting the US which isn't possible due to their borders being closed.. Is there anyone from England also planning to visit as soon as our restrictions are lifted? If so, how do you plan on getting there!?

2. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    If you guys can somehow get to Zurich from UK. Lufthansa has some nonstop legs from Zurich to Cancun.. You may have to book it round trip from Zurich and then book a separate ticket to UK from to/from Zurich... Just an idea to get creative with booking... May be a bit of a hassle, but may work...

3. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    We're flying from Gatwick but it's nit until June. Recently had our Christmas trip to Gran Canaria cancelled and our March trip there has also just been cancelled.
    With the new restrictions hopefully we can get kind of normality back soon but I can't see things changing until at least April.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Scots2D&L

Scots2D&L Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Hoping to September but so difficult to make plans at the minute with lockdown. Usually go via Gatwick from scotland but not sure if BA even running flight at the mo and no entry via Florida etc as USA airspace closed to us Brits. Surely by May June we will know more but then flights are going to be expensive!

5. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    We'd luv to join the Mayor and the mayhem group in May but that will depend upon tour companies doing a package. TUI are currently quoting for May but with so many of our trips cancelled over the last year. we certainly wouldn't risk flying independently at the present time. One other concern must be the potential spread of the "Brazilian" strain. UK Gov has now also suspended flights from Panama (Central America) so further spread must be an area of concern. Covid I can deal with, posting on social media, however, from a wannabe wearing her sparkly one piece bathing suit and saying "I'm now ready for the Sexy pool "... not so sure.!!! ...........

6. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    We booked with www.sunshine.co.uk, great price plus their covid cover is free.

7. Scots2D&L

Scots2D&L Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Thanks for the info will look into! Cheers

8. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    I didn't realize that there were that many strains. How many is a Brazilian anyway??

9. Alana & Malc

Alana & Malc Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +437 / 0
    We have a trip booked for April flying out of Gatwick with TUI - we are waiting for the flights to be cancelled. Like you we booked flights and hotel separate.
    The hotel booking was originally April last year, but rescheduled for this year.
    Still got hope but not confident we will be able to fly anywhere.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Me!

I'll probably take a taxi.

(Sorry folks, couldn't resist)

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice