United States To Require Covid Test To Return To Us..

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by txcpl1129, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I know quite a few.

But I also know I have been 11 times since June, and have done approximately 60 boobs cruises. I either haven't had it, or I have and didn't know it. Same for my wife.

2. Wade and Karissa

Wade and Karissa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +174 / 0
    Ok thanks. We are coming in mid feb and was just trying to get a handle on the chances of having a positive test.

3. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    They have had testing in hotel or across the street for several weeks now. Tests will only become more accessible and cheaper now that more people will need them.

Nothing wrong with taking a taxi to a clinic, set up an appointment, and it will cost maybe $8 each way and take an hour out of your day. For $30 they will come to the hotel and take 10 minutes out of your day.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  4. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    We got it from TTR. Went in November

5. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,756 / 5
    Someone said this on the Premier FB page. Valid points.

“Here’s my thoughts...

If you are staying for only one week or less - even if you contract Rona day 1 of your trip - the odds of you testing positive 72 hours before you leave TTR is slim to none, because the genetic material of the virus will not be built up enough in your system to produce a positive test result in that 4 day timeframe.

If you’re staying longer the 7 nights, your odds obviously increase. In that case, you could always keep your distance or wear mask for the first fews days of your trip, or shorten your the length of you trip to just a week.

Should probably test right before you leave for Mexico, to be sure you’re not going there with it ”

Edit - If you’re REALLY uneasy about it, just go for 5 nights & get tested on Day 2 of your trip. Not a shot that you’ll test positive

6. Wade and Karissa

Ratings:
    +174 / 0
    Great points. I never thought about it that way. I was under the impression that you would test positive as soon as you contracted it. We are going for a week mid February. Thanks.

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    The more I think about this, the more I think it might well become likely.

It goes against my ingrained British spirit of abiding by the law and fair play. However, the most important thing I learned when I moved to Mexico 16 years ago is that I'm not in the UK anymore, and the rules are different now. When in Mexico, you play by the rules of Mexico.

This is a US/ Canadian/ UK law. Other country's laws are not enforceable in a foreign land. In Mexico, a fake certificate certifying me as negative is about as illegal as a certificate certifying I am not a Jedi warrior.

If one was to have a fake certificate, that is a matter for the airlines to ascertain. And how would they know - it would be printed on headed paper and signed by a Doctor (or an electronic copy on your phone).

Are they going to phone up the clinic for every single person as they board to check if it's real? And if they did would the clinic even answer the phone (Mexican businesses rarely answer the phone, although they try to call you a lot). Even if the airlines could prove it as fake are they going to prosecute you in the US for something that wasn't a crime in the country where it occurred? I'm not sure they even could, if they wanted to.

I'd bet it is illegal for a Dr to make a false certification here, but would the Govt really care? They want and need tourists. Hotel capacities are still capped at 60% officially, but we all know that isn't the case in reality. Bars and nightclubs are supposed to shut down at 11. Have you seen the Party Zone? It still goes on until 5am every night. For New Year's Eve every bar, restaurant and nightclub was advertising their parties and events, on the radio, on billboards, on Facebook. Everywhere.

A few nights ago there was a huge concert about a mile or two from where we live. Live bands until 5am, huge sound system. I could tell by the crowd noise there must have been several thousand people there.

We are already seeing some hotel chains (not Temptation I hasten to add) offering free tests, and a guarantee of 14 days free accommodation at their expense. Do you think any of those free tests are going to turn out positive?

This is just an opinion not fact, and I am not sure on the legal assumptions I mentioned above. I would ask people like @Stacia_and_John or @T n B but I think they charge about $500 an hour :)

Weed, Coke, Chicas, Covid Certificate?

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  8. Charles Phillips

Charles Phillips Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How did you get the vaccine already? First responder?

9. Charles Phillips

Charles Phillips Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For a five night stay, I think you mean to say get tested on day three. You leave on the 6th day there, so the three days preceding the date of departure would be days 3-5 right?

10. Wade and Karissa

Ratings:
    +174 / 0
    I can also see this happening. The market will be too great not to. For people like myself with young kids at home , the value of a negative test is high. Pay a premium or risk not seeing your kids or missing work for another 2 weeks. Be different if one has no family to return to.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice