United States To Require Covid Test To Return To Us..

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by txcpl1129, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Webegame

Webegame Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    This new Covid testing law coming January 26th is bull shit.
    The PCR test is at best 20% accurate. Elon Musk got tested 4 times in one day because he thought he may have caught the Covid 19...the results were 2 positive and 2 negative.
    The PCR test was not developed to diagnose disease....check it out...smoke and mirrors.
    Yes there are other test but the PCR test is claimed to be the most accurate.
    My Cancun trips stops...after 30 plus years of coming to Cancun. Time to spend more time in the USA.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0

Id imagine you right, Test results will be whatever you need it to be.... Just show them the money$$$

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    If I can buy a “Rolex” at the market for $25 in Mexico that will fool most Jewelers and pawn shops, I am pretty sure there will be back door access to negative test results in abundance.
    What nobody is really talking about is how these approvals and results will be handled at the ticket counters in Cancun before you board? As we all know that can be an adventure for a normal flight! Add them having to review and approve medical lab test certification and it is a logistical nightmare to try and police. I am sure the training of what is acceptable and what is not will be handled by the same people that train the TSA to change the rules daily!
    We are still going! YOLO!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0

I agree the ticket counter is all about who you get!!! Im reading it can be a test result electronically or on paper!!!! How the hell will they know if the results are real. FU$K IT we are gong to party.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
    We're flying out March 26th!!! When are you guys going?

6. ChrisNJohn

ChrisNJohn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    How does one go about booking a test? can you do it on line and do you need to pay in advance ?

7. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    From the WSJ:

Mr. Calio said the requirement should take into consideration countries where testing is limited, and he suggested the govern-ment make rapid testing available for the effort. Under the order, airlines are permitted to accept both PCR and rapid antigen tests. They will also be able to ask for waivers for up to two weeks after the order takes effect for flight routes where testing is not available.

WSJ News Exclusive | U.S. to Require Covid-19 Tests for All International Visitors

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. JBW

JBW Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +275 / 4
    The only way this whole insanity would even make somewhat sense is if the hotels started running tests for guests onsite. Otherwise this whole thing will turn into one big mess and tourism will take a big hit. My wife and i already had Covid coming back from TTR close to last Summer, so it's not so much the result of the test that worries me. When we go to TTR, we prefer to not leave the resort and i just don't think either one of us would be comfortable going to a clinic or a hospital for a test out there...March tripped book. Putting our faith in TTR to come through with a good plan that makes this trip hassle free #LETSPLAY!!!

9. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    Going to miss you guys, see PM

10. heightsfuncouple

heightsfuncouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    Gi
    Give it a few days. I know the concierge at the hotel will help you. We have heard of a testing spot just across the street from the resort. Deep breaths everyone. We will be able to do this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice