Beer And Liquor Questions At Resort

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by LGB!, Nov 29, 2020.

1. LGB!

LGB! Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Hey everyone!

I have a few questions regarding the beer and liquor at the resorts.

1) How much do they charge for premium mixers? For example, I enjoy Sugar-Free Red Bull and vodka.
    2) Do they have Corona and is it an extra charge? If so, how much?
    3) Do I have to pay for the additional charge in cash or can I charge it to the room?

Thanks to Steve for having this forum available. Being new to Temptation (and Mexico), I have found a wealth of information from those who participate here.

2. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    Short answer is no to all of your questions. If you want something the resort doesn’t offer you could have your private shuttle driver stop and you could get it (most charge for this service). Bring in your check bags. Walk across the street and they may have it at the small convenience store.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Todd And Aaron

Todd And Aaron Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    They charge for Red Bull. I think $4 or 5$ can.

4. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go across the street to one of the stores and buy your Red Bull. That's what we do when we go for a morning walk.
    The do sell it in the gift store as well but I can get the larger cans across the street. Buy a 4 pack and tip the bartender, they will keep it on ice for you.

5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I've never actually known them to "sell" Red Bull, so that's a new development.

The best solution if you've got specific drink requirements is to get yourself setup during the day by hitting a store "on the way in" usuing your transfer shuttle, or rolling the dice to see what's available across the street. Then, you just bring it with you to Bash, find a friendly bartender and tip him to keep "your stuff" under ice and only for you. There you go.

I've done this on a trip when I just could NOT handle having to drink Jim Beam. I was in a snotty phase. I scrounged a bottle of Four Roses small batch, and they hald that that for me behind the bar for the whole trip. Note: I DID have to request the bottle back each night when I went back to the room or it became "the resort's" booze.

6. LGB!

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Does anyone know what kind of beer they have there?

7. heightsfuncouple

heightsfuncouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    Their main beer is Tecate and Tecate Light. I am not sure what else they have. Nothing like an IPA or anything to fancy though. Maybe if you are premier there are different ones.

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Tecate is there main beer in cans. On tap they have Dos Equis and Dos Equis amber, and i think there are some cans of those too.

You can buy redbull, but not sugar free, best bet is to just walk across the street. My wife brings them, or buys them, then just hands a few to her favorite bartenders each day, and they make her drinks with them.

If you did order anything, normally they just put it on your room. I am not sure how that works with a $5 here or there, but when you get a bottle, that's what they do.

9. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Knowing that we are Canadians, our bartender had us try Indio beer instead of their regular stuff. They don't always have it and it's bottle only, but it's the only one I'll have now while at Temptation. It's a light amber and a lot tastier than Dos Equis or Tecate...very decent.

10. LGB!

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Sounds like I will be heading over to the convenience store on Thursday morning. My wife will want to get to the resort ASAP on Weds afternoon once we arrive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice