Sneaky Resort Tactics

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Patria Joseph, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Patria Joseph

Patria Joseph Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I’m a premier member who had to cancel reservations this summer due to Covid. I tried to use my credit to book Halloween. I’m being told it’s sold out......but rooms are available on multiple websites (including Temptations). Rather expensive but available. It’s as though they punch in my premier number and realize they can make more money from someone else. Maybe it makes sense from a business standpoint but I’m rather disgusted!!!! Shame on Tempration!

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    It is only Halloween night that is sold out
    The nights before and after are not
    If you are trying to book a date range that includes Halloween you will be told it is sold out
    You might try adjusting your date range and hear what they then say

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Patria Joseph

Patria Joseph Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was actually trying to book six days with October 31 included. My point is, when I visit the Temptation website there are available rooms. According to the premier folks, sold out!

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I think Paul answered your question.

5. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Then try the TTR website, or call the hotel.
    Once they tell you they have your dates, THEN tell them you are Premier.

6. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Temptation Reservations and Premiere Reservations are two different things. Or that at least is what your experience seems to be showing.

For the various websites, they get allocated a block of rooms to sell and until they release them back to the hotel, the hotel cannot sell them.

From your experience, it seems Premiere gets allocated a certain number of rooms to sell and when those are sold, have to wait in line to see if any open up. I would guess that the hotel actually makes less for its books on premiere than from other sources.

I'm willing to bet that you are going after a Tower Room. Try going for a Garden View room to get your foot in the door and see if you can wait list for a better room...... hmmmm just notices today's date and you are probably already gone, or there or whatever.... catching up from being away for so long.... maybe food for thought for next time or even NYE. :)

Jamie

7. Deleted member 47530

Deleted member 47530 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where can I get information on the Premier Membership? I'm interested in what it provides and the cost of the membership?

8. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    No standard answer.

You need to schedule and go sit for the sales presentation while at TTR or Desires.
    There are many different levels/products/packages and prices are always changing especially with negotiations in mind.
    Different room categories, number of nights, and several other benefits which you can also buy into.

9. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    You can't get it without attending. I have some interest also, but won't sit through a high pressure presentation when I should be having fun.
    From what I gather from posts on this forum:
    1. You can get Referrals to give out and make $250 or $500 anytime someone uses one. (I have no interest in giving out Referrals)
    2. You get a % off the rack rate. From everything I have seen, this is still more $$ than shopping at a 3rd party site.
    3. I don't know if you get "free" nights, or still have to pay something for all nights.
    4. There is a airline reimbursement option (that takes forever to get reimbursed, if at all)
    5. They can change the terms of the contract
    6. They will pester continually to upgrade your contract
    7. You can rent the "yacht" for $$.
    8. You will get perks while staying at the resort and get to wear a superior black band.
    9. The membership may or may not be good for the sister resorts
    10. There is no set price, I have heard of some memberships for $5k that are better than ones others paid $20k for because of negotiating skills by the buyer.

all said... I think it may worth it if you live close (like in Texas, Florida, or one short flight away) and can go multiple times a year for shorter trips. If you only go once a year (maybe twice) I don't know if it would be worth it.

And if you sign the contract... you are committed/invested to always going there for your vacation. We all love TTR now, but are you going to love TTR for the length of the contract and be willing to go there for all your vacations?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Good synopsis, especially for not attending yourself.
    You did not cover everything but hit the high points.

Remember this...it is not what others have, or what was discussed or scribbled on the oadt, but what is actually written into and on the contract.
    You must read and understand all the fine print before signing and handing them a credit card or check.
    If not, I guarantee you will be surprised later and not be pleased!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice