Complete List Of Food Options & Restaurant Menus At Ttr 2019

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Elle, May 6, 2019.

1. SeattleCouple

SeattleCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thank you for this

2. Jessica

Jessica Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    I feel like I see a lot of reviews of the food being sub par. I mean first of all, this is an all inclusive resort, and working in food industry for the last 15 years of my life has taught me that when you go through one supplier, it can be limiting.

That being said... I honestly am impressed with what they had to offer. Especially the juice bar in the morning. They really do go above and beyond with each course. Every spot has an upside or course where they shine, its just a matter of experiencing them all.

And to be honest, aside from the food, you have the service to consider. And I'll tell you the service is unparalleled to what you would experience at home in the states. I've worked in some of the most prestigious restaurants in the biggest cities and I was over the moon with the level of service I received all the way from the bash buffet to the exquisite dishes of Romanza.

If the food is a deciding factor for your visit, don't let it be. They will make sure you are treated with the utmost care and concern whether you want to snack by the pool or get room service ever day.

3. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Awesome post!!! Thanks for putting in the time.

4. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    It certainly was for sure!
    This was still good but just not the same.

Same thing with the burgers for those who remember the Patty O burgers vs. the new ones since the renovation.
    Still good but different and not the same.

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Spoke with the new GM this morning...Oreo (like the cookie).
    As most know Patric was dismissed in June.
    A real nice and likable guy.
    Has much experience but new to TTR.

Poor sucker’s first day was yesterday...getting ready for a hurricane.
    I did see Eric (the acting GM, but now Oreo’s assistant, showing him around yesterday but had know idea who he was at the time.
    Assumed some lower level manager, but not the boss.
    He was quite impressed by all the staff kicking in and doing whatever was needed for the guests as well as clean up today.
    No unions here, so everybody, and I mean everybody, does any and everything to put the place back together so the party does not stop.
    Work their asses off doing much much manual labor.

Anyway, the reason for the menu changes is not Covid, etc. but the fact that about 4 months ago they hired a new Executive Chef and he is putting his thumb print on everything with gis own sauces, presentations, etc.
    So the changes are here to stay until the next Chef or, I suppose, if they get comments and request to change back.
    But we all know how chef’s are...they are artisans!

6. mojo

mojo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Thank you very much for taking the time putting together this detailed post with photos of menus! A+

7. Jessica

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    I keep seeing reviews about restaurants not being open. Can anyone tell me what is closed at certain times? Or verify this is a thing.

8. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    It’s definitely a thing. I remember SHE was closed at least one day, maybe Monday? Not really sure since the days tend to run together there, you know how that is. I will say though that it wasn’t a big deal, you just eat somewhere else that night and since the closure was mid week it didn’t overflow the other restaurants at all.

9. Jessica

Ratings:
    +723 / 1
    We didn’t get to go to a half the spots last time and I don’t even remember dinner at sutra haha so I tried to divide it up between some places each night this time around. Sounds like room service might be in order for breakfast. I remember the pancakes being fucking amazing!

10. Matt and Lisa

Matt and Lisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,757 / 5
    We actually did room service this last time the majority of the days for breakfast. It was great. We didn’t want to deal with the buffet downstairs with the way it’s setup. We actually just ordered the night before and scheduled it to arrive at the room when we knew we would be up. It came on time every day. It had never even occurred to us until this last trip to use that feature, but it was awesome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice