February Pool Temperature

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by johng24, Oct 24, 2020.

1. johng24

johng24 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 0
    We are thinking about a February trip along with our normal May trip. I have read in previous post that some say it’s cold and some say it’s heated. Do they heat it during the winter months? Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. shaw&sher

shaw&sher Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 1
    I think the pool temperature depends a lot where you're from and what you're used too. We are from Canada so January -February pool temperatures we liked. A lot of other people from the southern US thought it was cold

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    They said a year ago that they were going to, but not sure if true. If not, I think the water will be quite cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. COcouple

COcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 1
    We went last February for the first time and thought the pool temp was perfect. We also thought it was pretty hot and sunny, mostly 80s. Never felt even a little chilly, even at night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 1
    We were there mid February 2020 and all conditions were ideal. Weather and pool temp was great. Been various times. After 10 trips we both agreed this was our best trip. Heading back this February again.

6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Typically does warm during day but cools off a bit at night.
    As you know there is less daylight and it gets dark earlier.
    Also not as humid as other times of year.
    So good for pool but everyone tolerates and likes water temperature differently
    It is heated to an extent, but it certainly not as warm as in the hotter months due to all the hotttt sunlight.
    Also, if it rains it really cools the pool from all the “cold” water added and lack of sunlight.
    Evenings good for those heavier theme costumes that you would and do melt in during the “hot” Summer months.

Sooo, you just have to try it yourselves and from trip to trip the weather/pool temp may change.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. nicennaughty07

nicennaughty07 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    For starters Join the Shit Show from Feb 14th-20th! We would love to have you join us! Pool temp is just fine. It is not the hot bath water of summer, but after a minute or two the water feels great. We are coming from Western, NY where it is -5 degrees, so the pool feels great!

8. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    The pools in Cancun are cold in Feb and the TTTR Sexy pool is not heated (enough to make a difference). Hell, I even find it a little chilly in June, especially if its been a little cloudy and rainy. Cancun really doesn't get that hot, even in the summer, and it gets dark early (7-pm). The towers block the pool from the last sun of the day. And no.. we are not from the south.

That said ... drink enough and it will be fine. It's science. ( actually you will feel warmer because of alcohol induced vasodilation , it plays a trick on your mind, and your inhibitions will be lessened).
    Or use the hot tubs.

here is an interesting study (how do I sign up to be a test subject?):
    Abstract
    The effect of the ingestion of alcohol on cooling in seminude human subjects was examined at 25 and 30 degrees C in air; in heavily clothed individuals at -23 degrees C in air; and nude subjects in a water calorimeter at 25 degrees C. It was observed that consumption of the equivalent of five bar whiskey drinks did not affect the cooling rate of subjects as measured by infrared techniques or by thermistors. Total heat loss, measured in the calorimeter, was also not affected by drinking alcohol. It is concluded that the ingestion of alcohol does not cause an increase in cooling rate in humans. NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE

Maybe they aren't drinking enough!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Maybe one cold experience ruined Cancun in the winter for us. In late January '15 we went and were miserably cold. It was too cold to go in pools and even too cool to sit in the beach in bathing suits.
    We were not at TTR for that trip though. The temp was getting into the mid 50's at night, and 75 during the day. I think one night was 54 degrees.

10. britsrhot2

britsrhot2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +749 / 10
    We have been in Feb March for our trips and the pools were fine but then again we’re Canadian Eh!
    Ok so here’s how it usually works ,most hotels use the “waste heat” from the AC system to heat the pool (I’m a 40 yr HVAC tech So I work on this stuff everyday)
    What I mean is instead of having the fan and coil sitting outside blowing hot air to reject heat they reject it to the pool water ,it’s essentially kinda sorta free heat .
    Now bear in mind the ambient temps in Feb March are cooler and the nighttime cooler still so little demand for guests to use the AC as most of them are glad to feel a bit of heat away from the nut chilling cold of the North like us ,therefore less heat added to the pool .
    Now unless they have supplementary heat (ie boilers)to heat the pool then unless the sun shines and guests use the AC the cooler the pool is going to be .
    Here endeth the HVAC 101 lesson . :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice