Covid & Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TexasTech1980, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Only for you Paul. You're special.

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Actually it is for Special Ray...Our ray of fuckin’ sunshine!

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I wanted to comment on this as well, as we just got back from 10 day on a family trip to Hotel Xcaret. This resort is a little different, and you are constantly coming and going to all the various adventure parks. They take your temperature each time you get on any of the buses and the boat. These large buses were pretty much half full each ride. They take your temperature before each ride. So we were all having our temps taken 2-4 times per day. Not one single time did they ever stop us and say we were high (which is amazing cause one time we ran from the zip lines to the bus in the heat, fully sweating). I never saw one single other person stopped because of temperature. I am sure it is a complete pain in the ass for the bus driver to have to stop people, radio in, and go through whatever proctocol they have to; then ending with the driver behind on his route. So after seeing 1000's of temps being taken in a 10 day period, I feel pretty confident in saying they don't care. If they are even hitting the button on the thermometer gun, I bet they wave you through no matter what it reads.

In my opinion the Covid safety measures provide a false sense of security, if you spend half a second observing what people are doing, it becomes a laughing matter. For example: everyone standing in a check-in line, semi-distanced, waiting. As soon as someone comes and offers drinks, 100% of the people take the drinks and remove their masks. So what changed, now that we have a drink in hand, you can't spread it? Makes you feel super-stupid waiting with a mask on for 10 minutes around the same people, then everyone EVERYONE removes their masks, hence making the 10 minutes with the mask on pretty much pointless. One of my favorites are the people that leave a bathroom stall, adjust their mask to make sure they are good to leave the bathroom (you know for safety), but they never wash their hands after taking a shit and touching the mask, then leaving. I could go on and on with many examples, but probably unnecessary at this point, as everyone has already made their mind up on this topic one way or another.

Happy to say again, we are home and feeling perfect. And I can say this with WAY more confidence than I can from returning from a week at TTR, cause I am not hung-over, not going through withdraw, and have no Temptation cough. I did my share of partying, but in no way is it the same as the self destruction I put myself through at Temptation.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  4. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    Thanks for that point of view Steve! Another angle I hadn’t given much thought to, but can totally believe that that’s going on!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Wife and I tested positive 1st of Oct. Got it locally Im sure. I most likely got it at work since several of us use the same computers. Its been pretty rough, especially on my wife. We are on day 19 and Im almost back to normal, with some lingering fatigue and sinus issue, but nothing serious. My wife is still in bed taking 8 meds a day. On day 12 of Covid for her, it developed into bilateral pneumonia. BAD STUFF! It has really done a number on her. And no, she had no prior health issues at all. Hopefully by next week, she at least back to 75% normal. I can now understand how people with issues or elderly have a harder time fighting it off.

Dr told us its the most contagious virus he's seen in 30 years. He said he's shock 1/2 the planet hasn't caught it.

If we had a crystal ball and knew that we would now have antibodies, we would have never cancelled our Halloween trip!!

Maybe by the end of the year, there will be a safe vaccine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Damn, hopefully you guys get back to good health soon!!!

7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Same.
    Hope you both and get better soon.

8. Deleted member 47530

Deleted member 47530 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A good point to your experience is that it affects people differently. I had it back in July and by some standards, I had a light case. Fever for one day, loss of smell and horrific headaches two days later, and it lasted a total of a week. I couldn't be tested until 12 days after my first symptom and still tested positive. So even after I felt 100% I still was positive and could have spread it. Get well and stay safe because this virus is unpredictable in a sense of how sick you can get. The more information from experiences like yours is better than news from so called experts.

9. GoldBlooded

GoldBlooded Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I have met people on both of my trips this year who tested positive on their returns home. However, it hasn't stopped me personally from going back. My theory has been simple. Either I get it sitting at home bored out of my mind or get it at Temptation.... I have a third trip coming this month. So you know my choice. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 2
    K and I are just getting done with COVID. She had a sore throat and stuffed head for about 10 days. I had a slight cough and then one evening of body aches and temp hitting about 102 before waking up and feeling fine the next morning.
    Right now we both cannot smell anything but can still taste.

Time to schedule a trip to TTR while we are COVID proof for a few months!!!
    (We are going to get vaccine' d within the next few weeks also)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice