Covid & Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TexasTech1980, Jul 18, 2020.

1. xoja

xoja Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0
    We’ve been back for almost two weeks and are both COVID free.

2. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Thanks for the info.
    We're from Ontario. I can't see it being any different than out west.
    It's 14 days quarantine for sure when we get back cause the first question on the COvid assessment before we go in to work is: Have you been out of the country?!!
    We'll look at the various travel insurance and see. Doesn't look promising. :(

3. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 1
    Not sure this has been addressed on here? Does anyone actually have first hand knowledge or experienced having your temperature taken at front door of Temptation upon arrival and actually had a fever?? Wondering what happens? Turned away? Will they swab you? Where do you go till results? On your own? Does Temptation have a quarantine room? Without knowing and being in Mexico could give me nightmares worrying after I’ve booked. Lol

4. Boilercpl

Boilercpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +496 / 1
    We came back in September and both tested positive a couple days later. I know some would say we could have been exposed up to 14 days prior to the trip but I have no doubt where we contracted it. Thankfully we only had minor symptoms and a week later were feeling back to normal. My only comment here is that if you have not yet been exposed and you do Temptation the way it's supposed to be done, chances are you will come into contact with Covid.

5. Deleted member 47530

Deleted member 47530 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for being honest and the information. I had it back in July but my wife hasn't so she is still hesitant about going to the resort.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    9 trips, 22 days total, 35 boobs cruises since June 10

I must be doing it wrong :)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. nicennaughty07

nicennaughty07 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    Might you be just pickled enough to be immune to anything??

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    No one answered, so I will have a go.

Not firsthand knowledge because I would be surprised if it has even happened. I have a pretty good handle on it because I asked Patric this exact question before he left.

If someone was undisputedly over the temp limit (37.5C or 99.5F), then it would be a case of being confined to your room until a test had been taken and the results received. If positive, you'd have the choice of leaving or being confined to your room for the duration of your stay. With ultra deep cleaning of the room being done after your departure.

For the first 3 months of the Boobs Cruise after re-opening everyone's temperature was taken during check-in - I did it myself. Out of approx 1500 people we had maybe 3 that went over the limit. In all cases, it was because I tested skin that had been warmed due to standing in the sun, or was sunburned. I would second and third test a different area of skin that hadn't been exposed, such as the crook of an elbow, or below the waistline (they asked!) and every time the temperature was normal.

We don't do it anymore as it adds around an extra minute for each couple since it has to be recorded, and when you have 40 couples as we do now it really slows things down. I don't think it is reliable in any case.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  9. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 1
    Thanks for the response Steve. That pretty much answers my concerns. Leah has auto immune issues and as a result runs a little warmer than average. Nurse Leah is not concerned at all, but it bothers me. Ha Thanks again, see ya n February.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    @Steve, but I thought you told me that you were using that big rectal thermometer ???:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice