Ttr Newbies Looking At Drm For Back Half Of Trip

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by zonkuno, Sep 17, 2020.

1. zonkuno

zonkuno Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    My wife and I will be traveling too TTR in October and we’re looking at resorts to relax for a few days. Booked 4 nights TTR then thinking 2 nights at a slower resort. We are not LS or nudists but would like to continue the sexually charged vacation going into the last two days. Would a first time at both resorts be overload. I just think we would be bored out of our minds going EPM, live Aqua, or secrets. From what I have read there is no pressure at DRM but I have also seen people say why would you go if you weren’t in two of those categories. Thanks for any responses.

2. Jason&Mallory

Jason&Mallory Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +474 / 0
    Breathless is also a great option. They have 3 different pool ranging from shot yourself board to party topless pool and women dancing on polls. We went last year and loved it. But after going to TTR we won’t go anywhere else. Hope this helps. Take care

3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    ditto. Breathless has a sexual charge (depends on the crowd), we have been there a few times. But it's nothing like TTR for atmosphere. Think of high class Las Vegas pool party, you might see a few celebrities there). The Breathless resort is defiantly nicer than TTR (the quality of construction and décor is awesome). The beach is much nicer there. The service is the same. Restaurants/food/alcohol are better at Breathless.

But.. Breathless has toned down since it opened. The large hot tub used to br open 24/7 with bar service until 3 am. Not anymore. When TTR was going through the redux Breathless was a bit more wild for sure.

Also, when we have been to Breathless we found ourselves wishing we had been next door at Desires for a couple of the nights (and we are not LS or nudists either).

That said, Breathless would be a nice place to spend a couple of relaxing days but that can also be done at TTR, in the quite pool or on the tower sky bar.

I don't know your age or partying experience, but only 4 days at TTR shouldn't wear a person out. Most people go for 7+ nights. We have been doing 10 nights at TTR the last two times and this next trip will be 12. I think it would be more stressful to change resorts than to chill at TTR a couple of extra days.

But like Jason&Mallory we are now addicted to TTR and don't plan on going anywhere else for a while.

4. zonkuno

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    thank you great info, I was guessing atmosphere of TTR is like a Vegas pool party then night club everyday. We are 40 and 36 so I am sure we will be fine. We booked the Tower for 4 nights and probably would have booked all week but then a takeover is happening. I did go ahead and book the garden view for the final two days just in case. We are looking at options and might use the garden view room instead of looking somewhere else. I will check into Breathless as well but sounds like no one proposing DRM.

thank you!

5. zonkuno

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Thank you Jason and Mallory we will look into Breathless as well

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    We've been going to TTR since 2007, started going to Desire RM in... I think it was 2013. Both places are great. I think the comparison above to the "facilities" at Breathless is accurate, but very rarely do facilities really have a Lot to do with the enjoyment of the vacation... well... as long as the roof is secure and the A/C works, I suppose.

TTR is high-energy, volatile, sexual-tension subtext all the time. That's a given.

Desire RM "can be" a big time naked party, but doesn't have to be so, we've been there when it's literally been 100% nude folks (mid-August if you were interested, and the HEAT was just killing folks with their clothes still on and not in the water (Ocean, Pool or Jacuzzzi). It wasn't pervy or weird at all. Only had one bad experience with a pushy person, rather couple (from Eastern Europe) at DRM in all 12 of our visits there... we've had several unwanted interactions with aggresive types at TTR, I think it is because of the sexual tension, and it not being released. At DRM, there's less "tension" and more... hmm... a sexual vibe going throughout the day. I mean, if you and your lady are feeling amped-up a bit... you "can" just do what you like to do down at the beach... or up in the jacuzzi area in or out of it. Can't do those things (at least not openly) at TTR. I've... uh... tried. Security frowns.

My bet would be that you'll want, in the end, more days/nights at both places, for slightly different reasons. 4 nights is a tease at TTR,a nd only 2 nights is Really going to be a tease when you have to go home afterwards.

Still, it's a very good plan in order to go to both, experience them both, and figur eout what you enjoy the most.

DRM is really growing on us, post TTR-renovations. The crowd is different, more singles mucking-up the sexy situations, younger, more "hip" types with their "Look at me, I'm awesome" attitudes... there's a lot of that happening at TTR since the reno completed.

Or, maybe I'm just old. Ha!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. zonkuno

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I appreciate the write up, when I hear DRM write ups like yours it definitely makes me want to go try it out. I enjoy meeting people and having fun hanging out but would definitely want to go do our “own” thing throughout the resort when we felt like it compared to not at TTR.
    Thanks again

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice