Scuba diving

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by First timers, Aug 12, 2017.

1. First timers

First timers Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0
    We have both travelled to the Mayan quite a number of times, but this is our first trip together and we haven't been to the Cancun area.
    My boyfriend is an avid scuba diver and I don't mind being on a boat suntanning :) I can't imagine there is too much scuba diving on the Boobs Cruise lol.
    So, does anyone know of any great tour companies or even more private operators that do scuba excursions?

2. J_N_J

J_N_J Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0
    Hey guys,
    I use Cancun Scuba. It is only a couple minutes on the bus from the resort. It is not to be confused with Scuba Cancun.
    Cancun Scuba is a shack on the beach but Juan Carlos the owner is terrific and really cares about the divers with him unlike the big outfits that treat you like cattle.
    When are you going? I'm always looking for a dive buddy as Jacquie also prefers to tan on the boat/beach.

Jay

3. Latina Y Gringo

Latina Y Gringo Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +614 / 0
    I've done a few first time things at TTR. ;)

Scuba was one.

I signed up right at the TTR sexy pool. I did it in January 2016 with a cool instructor named Boris. He was not there when I was back in June 2016.

We will see in days what the new TTR has in store for us .... or what we have in store for TTR. ;)

4. First timers

First timers Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0
    That's awesome, thanks so much for the tips! It's important to Paul to have an instructor that cares as things can always go wrong. Usually the little guys are much better. We also wanted something close instead of having to travel to the Mayan.
    We are there Nov 18-27th. You guys?

5. J_N_J

Ratings:
    +288 / 0
    Well we'll miss you that trip. We're currently set for Sept 1-9 and Feb 16-24.
    If your husband wants to try out Cancun Scuba send me a pm and I can give you Juan Carlo's email.
    I completed my certification with him and have done 3 more trips with him as well.

6. Andy and Dar

Andy and Dar Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Thanks for the recommendation J_N_J!

I'm reposting what I put on Trip Advisor

Great experience with Cancun Scuba Center. Alfredo was our divemaster -- My wife and I enjoyed his calm demeanor, and the fact that he listened and gave feedback to our questions was definitely welcomed. He was able to kindly and logically give my wife some pointers on how to better use her new BCD. If you have the option, ask for Alfredo when you book your trip with Cancun Scuba Center.

The boat crew was helpful and polite. The first mate was always ready to lend a hand with our equipment and all boat operations went smoothly.

We dove MUSA (the underwater museum) and Manchones Chico, which is a reef nearby. This was the first time my wife dove the museum and she was impressed. I enjoyed it as well. Visibility was very good and virtually no current. We did have some surge because we were so shallow. Other than two pretty impressive crabs, there was not much in the way of wildlife around the museum since it's not a reef, but the formations on the pieces were pretty surreal both up close and from a distance. People become blase about diving the museum, but you should do it at least once.

The reef dive was impressive. We swam through clouds of reef fish. We also saw about a dozen lobsters. I saw an eel swimming across a sandy spot which was really cool. Good visibility and the water temperature was perfect. An easy, fun dive.

A nice bonus was that Cancun Scuba picked us up at a dock near our hotel, but that was only because we had all of our own equipment. Otherwise, you need to go to the shop first to get fitted.

7. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    Where would we go to find this place please? Is is near a hotel or landmark? I am finding a few with a very similar name.

8. J_N_J

Ratings:
    +288 / 0

Hi guys
    Here is their website link. The owners name is Juan Carlos. Their location is a small hut on the beach right beside one of the ferry terminals.

Scuba Diving in Cancun. PADI Certifications in Cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice