Feb 13-20 Shitshow 21-the Shitshow Must Go On

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by muskyfins, Aug 7, 2020.

1. steve&lorib

steve&lorib Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0
    Steve and Lori 12th to the 22nd.
    We just couldn't wait for some fun so are headed down for Labor Day week also!!!!

2. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    Swoop is booking flights from Toronto to Cancun again. Booked my Shitshow direct flights Feb 12-20th. Hopefully by then I will be able to cross the border from NY.

3. B&K

B&K Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    This sounds like a SHITLOAD of fun, but could someone bare (sp! LOL!) with us and tell us what Shitshow is? It is obvious that it is a returning group of fun-lovers, but are there special activities, etc? We are super anxious to plan trip 2, and looking for that ideal string of days! So looking forward to the replies!

4. muskyfins

muskyfins Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +250 / 1
    There are a handful of "informal" groups/takeovers/whatever. Please note I said "informal" because there are a few legit takeovers a couple times per year. Steve correct me if I'm wrong, but there are a few I would consider takeovers.

The Shitshow is generally (these days) the week of President's Day in the US. It spawned out of another group that I haven't heard much from for a few years. Each of these groups has a little different vibe. I would say the Shitshow is the adult frat party vibe more than anything.

The Shitshow is a little less organized than some of the other groups, but these folks made us feel welcome even before we boarded the plane the first time. So much so, that we stay in touch with many Shitshowers all year long and get together when we can back home. They make you feel like you've been friends for years.

Everyone who wants to be part can be part. Come hang out with us in the pool or at Bash. Whatever. It's like you have a group of friends you can mingle in and out of any time. There are no real events per se. Other groups may be a bit more organized.

I've mentioned before there is a larger and more organized group who's week will overlap with the Shitshow this year. I'm not outing them since they're a little more private. Going to be a hell of a party in 2021.

The folks holding the Shitshow together and doing all of the organizing the last few years have been Brent and Kels. Brent is the defacto Shitshow President as far as I'm concerned. Hopefully he'll jump in here soon. They may not make it for 2021, so it wouldn't be fair to them to do all the organizing. I have jumped in get things started, get a spreadsheet going, give us a single thread to work from etc. I will also ensure we have plenty of shots that week! Trying to pay back what these folks have done the past few years.

Since I'm not any sort of official Shitshow representative, the opinions expressed above are mine alone.

WE hope to see you there.......

5. B&K

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    Does sound like fun, and the fun coming from the camaraderie of the group!

From what we have captured out of the forum, some say that Jan-Mar is a bit cool? Obviously not a factor for you guys because you schedule your event in this time frame? Or have they recently heated the pool to solve that?

6. NM_FunCouple

NM_FunCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 0
    Our first trip to TTR was this past Feb the same time the Shitshow group was there. Amazing group of fun party people. It was not cold at any point during our trip, the pool included.

7. avballguy

avballguy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 1
    Patric the former hotel manager, who did an awesome job by the way and is truly missed, made sure the pool heating system got upgraded. He realized that in order for people to really enjoy themselves around the Sexy Pool they needed to be comfortable in the pool. Last February the water was warm everyday I was there. As for the ShitShow group you are guaranteed to have an awesome time.

8. B&K

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    Ahhh . . That explains OLDER posts of the cold pool! Thanks!

9. nicennaughty07

nicennaughty07 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +522 / 0
    Officially booked!! Feb 14-20th. Hope the livers will hold up for 6 nights. Now we just need the US to get their COVID act together! Makes our Shitshow look tame! Can't wait to party with new and old friends!

Attached Files:

10. lili&john

lili&john Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    We'll be there 15th to 22th ;)
    Second time in TTR last time was end of Feb 20.
    Let's play!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice