Questions From A Newbie!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by maravilloso, Sep 1, 2020.

1. maravilloso

maravilloso Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Hi all! I've been studying this forum religiously so I hope these questions aren't just repeats, I'm asking them either
    a) I have not seen them asked before or
    b) they were asked but I don't remember there being a clear cut answer.

1. Are there mosquito problems? I'm packing my liquids in a quart sized bag for my carry on and I don't know if I want to waste my precious space in that bag for insect repellent.

2. Can we get more towels than we are given? I read that there are no shower mats/rug.

3. Are there still enough people going to the resort everyday where I'd have to wake up at 8am to throw down my towel on a lounger or can I sleep in longer lol?

4. What is that damn purple drink actually called? like a slushy kinda drink.

5. I know phones/cameras are sensitive but can I whip it out when I'm at the club (not pool!) without getting yelled at? Take some pics/videos of the party scene for theme nights?

6. Should I bring adhesive hooks for towels and bathing suits to dry or do they have hooks there?

And if anyone wants to be friends my husband and I will be going to TTR on 9/15-9/20 :)
    I read a friendly tip about getting to know people here before I go so I don't waste a few days getting comfortable and then meeting people at the resort.

THANKSSSSSS!!!

2. Becca2112

Becca2112 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 0
    This will be our first time ....17th - 27th! Great questions!!! See you there!☺️

3. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +495 / 0
    Hi all! I've been studying this forum religiously so I hope these questions aren't just repeats, I'm asking them either
    a) I have not seen them asked before or
    b) they were asked but I don't remember there being a clear cut answer.

1. Are there mosquito problems? I'm packing my liquids in a quart sized bag for my carry on and I don't know if I want to waste my precious space in that bag for insect repellent.

We were there in July and had zero mosquito issues. Bring sunscreen though.

2. Can we get more towels than we are given? I read that there are no shower mats/rug.

They have plenty of towels in the room. However, we always bring a couples of anti slip mats (very cheap at Wally World) and throw them away when we leave.

3. Are there still enough people going to the resort everyday where I'd have to wake up at 8am to throw down my towel on a lounger or can I sleep in longer lol?

Why bother? The fun is IN the pool. Plenty of spaces just outside that zone though.

4. What is that damn purple drink actually called? like a slushy kinda drink.

No clue here. We’re body shot drinkers.

5. I know phones/cameras are sensitive but can I whip it out when I'm at the club (not pool!) without getting yelled at? Take some pics/videos of the party scene for theme nights?

For (insert your favorite deity here) sake, just leave it in the room. Two places I believe they are not allowed, sexy pool and Bash. Could be wrong about Bash but there are a ton of other places to get really good photos

6. Should I bring adhesive hooks for towels and bathing suits to dry or do they have hooks there?

YES!!! In fact, I suggest packing a couple Glade plug-ins to keep the room smelling fresh. Not that they smell bad, just nice to keep it smelling fresh.

And if anyone wants to be friends my husband and I will be going to TTR on 9/15-9/20 :)
    I read a friendly tip about getting to know people here before I go so I don't waste a few days getting comfortable and then meeting people at the resort.

THANKSSSSSS!!!

Now, you may already know this but number one tip on this board - GET ON THE BOOB CRUISE!!! My personal 2nd favorite tip, bring a bottle or two from the duty free store at the airport for sipping on the balcony. It not only lets you relax and enjoy the “views” but gets you in the mood to give a few views as well. Hope y’all have a great time.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  4. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    #1 there aren't really mosquitos. Sometimes there are bees, but they don't bother you.. So don't be concerned.
    #2 you can always ask for extra towels in the room. Usually we leave a note for the maid with a tip and we come back to the room fully stocked.
    #3 Sometimes its difficult, but honestly you'll end up meeting people and just throw your stuff with theirs and enjoy the pool!
    #4 PURPLE SHIT!! It's one of my favorites.
    #5 you can take SOME pictures at Bash.. Be respectful, don't take pictures of people without asking, and before posting any pictures on social media, just make sure others aren't in your background.
    #6 they don't have hooks in the rooms. You could bring some, I usually just hang my bathing suits on the chairs on the balcony.

#7 just enjoy! And like was said.. DONT FORGET THE Boobs Cruise!

5. Sunsetkid105

Sunsetkid105 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0
    5. We've found if you are taking pics and the background is outside Bash they rarely bother us. When the background is Bash, the party, then they get onto you more.

7. Agreed - Boobs Cruise!

6. Flfuninsun

Flfuninsun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    This is our first time too! Sept 14-20. Going on the Boobs Cruise Friday the 18th. Let’s meet up

7. Becca2112

Becca2112 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +251 / 0
    We will see you there! We haven't booked the Boobs Cruise yet......considering it though! :)

8. socalrivercpl

socalrivercpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +217 / 0
    We just got back Wednesday.
    1. No mosquitos
    2. We didn’t have a shower mat day 1. The rest of our trip we did.
    3. Our friends are early risers and saved 2 chairs everyday. We didn’t care about being front row as it’s too hot to sit in the chair anyways.
    4. Idk
    5. Just be smart and respectful about it. I’m normally attached to my phone and it was nice to leave it in the room. When around the pool I turned my back to the pool And walked away to send an email. I’m already creepy enough to not need the creeper title.
    6. We used the patio table to dry our suits.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice