Ttr Still At 30 % Capacity??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Tommy90, Jul 27, 2020.

1. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    My fiancé were there July 25-Aug 2, the resort during the week maybe was at 20-40% depending on the day. Friday and Saturdays it was easily 90% capacity. Our last day there Sat Aug 1st reminded me of NYE, no elbow room, packed like sardines at Bash could barely find space to breath. It was a great time, but we did test positive the day after we got home.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Sogno2006

Sogno2006 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    So those of you that came home and tested positive, while at TTR did you wear mask, practice social distancing, etc? we ask because we plan to, while we understand that will definitely cut into our fun, we hope to cut down on any potential of contracting

3. MCP_&_HeavyD

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    We contracted COVID while there and we did not wear masks once we checked in. We saw 1 couple our entire 8 night stay with masks on and it was at Bash in the evening. I hope you can wear them as much as possible, but with the heat it was unbearable for us and we paid the price. Luckily we did not get hit too hard with COVID and were only out of commission for a little less than 2 weeks. Finally got the all clear from our health department Friday to no longer quarantine

4. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    I was actually going to ask you this exact question today :) ... Thinking about going to get an Antibody test if we can... Just to see...

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Sorry, but you cannot guarantee that you contacted covid while at TTR...plain and simple.
    Do not forget about the airport too...and anywhere else you had been a week or so before.
    Especially since only there 8 days.

Very sorry you got the virus but hopefully now you will not get it again.

6. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    I would say its more than likely they got it while at TTR with zero social distancing, no masks, a packed Bash, etc. Not guaranteed of course but lets be real its there and is easy spread once inside the resort. At some point somebody is going to get it while there and end up in a mexican hospital on a ventilator. Hate to be negative but its reality.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. MCP_&_HeavyD

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    You are correct we can’t guarantee we got it at TTR but we have left our house only 4x since March 13th none of which were within 2 weeks prior to going so didn’t catch it at home. Now yes it’s possible we got it while traveling to the resort but the airports require masks as do the airline and we had 50 ppl on our flight to CUN. The probability we contacted it while traveling as opposed to at the resort is very slim. The probability that we caught it at the resort are much higher given no social distancing, much higher than 30% occupancy, no masks anywhere in sight and the staff pouring shots into everyone’s mouths via the same liquor bottle (yes which we partook in). So while people want to make themselves feel better by saying we could have gotten it anywhere the odds are we and everyone else who said they had it while there, most likely got it there. It’s fine with us, we were lucky enough we thought it was the TTR crud and are now almost 100% thankfully. We’ll be back in 23 days so it hasn’t scared us away

8. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    Seriously stop the debate if they got it at the resort it doesn’t matter. What matter is they were there with a high probability that they had it while they were there. If you have came home and tested positive please post it, just give us the dates you were there and when you tested. Actually what we should have is a role call like we have for every month. Have them post the dates and when they tested positive. That way if people want to see if anyone had it while they were there they can. People can make a informed decision if they want to go or not. If you think it’s to much of a risk don’t go just don’t pass judgement on those who do. Those of you who test positive you don’t have to go into great detail it’s different for everyone some die some have no symptoms. Don’t make your decision based off of someone else’s experience. Sorry rant is over. See everyone on the 29th.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Probability is nothing more than a statistic and we all know how they are being and can be used!
    I understand your points and also pleased you understand mine as no one will ever truly know .
    Yes, there is covid on the way to the airport, at the airport, transportation, at TTR just like everywhere else in the World.
    I believe TTR is controlling what they can but as you stated they have no real control over the social distancing of the guests once there.
    If they tried they might as well just shut down as most folks going are ok with the mingling.

I wonder though if you may have gotten it (somewhere) because you were hunkered down at home and gained no immunity at all to fight it off as opposed to gaining bits at a time?
    Who knows???

What we do know is everybody is free (still free?) to make their own decisions.
    And I believe we can all agree that TTR is still a fun place with or without this covid crap.

10. Sogno2006

Sogno2006 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    appreciate the information, we are just trying to gather info in order to make an informed decision, and glad you are well now...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice