Covid & Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TexasTech1980, Jul 18, 2020.

1. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Shit Kyle, we feel sick with what we call the Cancun or TTR flu every other trip during the last days or on the way home.
    I’m not talking about the depression of having to leave our fun place and having to return to reality!
    It is usually only one of this though.
    We seem to trade back and forth.
    Never severe but bad enough to slow us down some when back home.
    Been lots written here about that...the a/c, overconsumption, lack of sleep, etc.

One trip Ray got real sick (upper and lower) the day before it was time to go and we almost had to extend our stay for fear she would not be able to fly. Thanks to our butler, the pharmacy, and laying in bed for over 36 hours she was able to make it.
    I was a good husband and stayed with her nursing her back despite her telling me to go out and finish partying.

She was sick back at home for about a week.

Just wonder if we had been tested if it would have showed up positive...for one of the 35 or so corona viruses.

2. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    You know the best place we have found to pee is the ocean. It’s right next to the pool.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Mr&MrsB

Mr&MrsB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0
    We are planning to go first week of March ‘21. HOPEFULLY things will have calmed down more by then. What all does the resort still have going? The nightly shows? Foam party?! I live for the foam party.

4. AndrewnAshley

AndrewnAshley Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 1
    We're scheduled to arrive there next Monday on 17th, so the past couple of weeks, I have been super serious(not that I wasn't before, but especially now) about social distancing and doing everything necessary to not contract the virus. I'm sure there are a number of cases(not all, but some) who went to TTR and then came home and tested positive and even moreso, who started feeling symptoms there; had covid when they went there and didn't actually catch it there. I know a lot of people in their everyday life choose to disregard Covid and measures to avoid it; that's whatever, do what you want. But it would be responsible and pretty cool, if you know you're going on vacation in a couple of weeks to tune up the avoidance to 10. There's no 100% guaranteed way to avoid it, but as long as you put max effort in, that's all anyone can ask. That way, people who want to go to TTR or wherever and just have fun in this crappy year can do that, knowing that everyone at least tried their best to keep it out of there. Unfortunately, there will be too many people who in the weeks leading up to TTR keep doing the same things they were doing and they go there and spread it and ruin peoples trips and such. Its a shame that people cant just work together on this, so we can all just get back to the party.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. winterphobic

winterphobic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0
    Agreed. We are very cautious ( probiotics, obsessive hand washing, etc.) every year for the month leading up to our trip anyway. We are always super concerned about getting the flu or even just a cold and not being able to 100% enjoy the vacation that we have been looking forward to all year and spent a lot of money on.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  6. Sogno2006

Sogno2006 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    So those of you that came home and tested positive, while at TTR did you wear mask, practice social distancing, etc? while we understand that will definitely cut into the fun, we hope to cut down on any potential of contracting

7. Turbot

Turbot Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 1
    A general question for the persons who tested positive for COVID-19. Have you informed the hotel, the airline, airports or anybody of authority of your test results?

8. mcingr

mcingr Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1
    There's an awful lot of self righteous shaming of others on here for a resort that says "no one knows you and no one gives a shit". I mean if you want a fully sanitized environment away from other people, just stay home. The attempted shaming/bullying of others to act how you feel is appropriate is not going to change anyone's actions.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Sogno2006

Sogno2006 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    We ask because we plan to, while we understand that will definitely cut into OUR fun (meant to say earlier, not the fun), we hope to cut down on any potential of contracting. we have no issues with folks doing as they please.

10. WestHoustonCouple

WestHoustonCouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +221 / 0
    How to party in the sexy pool, at least 6 ft away from others.... :cool::cool::cool:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice