Covid & Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TexasTech1980, Jul 18, 2020.

1. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    My fiancé and I were there July 25-Aug 2. We’ve only left our house a total of 4 times since March 13th. We wore masks at the airport, flight to CUN from RDU, the transfer from airport to hotel and until after checkin. Started feeling symptoms on day 4 of our trip. Came home got tested the next day, we were both positive. Of course we could have gotten it anywhere but TTR was the only place we were where there were no masks, no social distancing and much more than the allowed 30% occupancy. Also it seemed like 70% of the people were from TX which seems to have one of the highest % of positive rates right now. Now, we are also coming back Sep 2-13th so it isn’t stopping us just slowed us down. We were lucky that we were healthy and it didn’t affect us too much. We chose to cancel our Boobs Cruise to not infect anyone else and tried to social distance ourselves when possible. While there we met 4 couples who felt ill enough to spend a few day’s in their room to rest. It’s smart to acknowledge its there, it’s just a matter of you willing to go and take the risk or stay home and be safer. We took the risk and will again in September.

2. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    We canceled our trip in Sept, with the hospitals down there being shady at best, just wasn’t worth the risk of getting it and bringing it back home to infect others potentially. Hope you guys have a fast recovery and have a safe trip back down there...

3. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Unless there's a significant decrease in cases (and I dont see that happening) before October, we will probably cancel our Halloween trip. If we knew for sure that we would "just have a bad cold" type feeling, maybe, but who knows how it will affect us.
    As of today, just within the past month, we personally know 5 people who have had it locally. 2 of them died. One was older (70's), and 1 was only 49 with no known issues. Before a month ago, we didnt know anyone who had it.

Id rather wait and go when we can be our normal sociable selves.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    we just rescheduled for April 7-11. They allowed us to keep Sept rates for April. So it just worked out better for us..

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Great deal...low season rate for high season visit!

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    That’s at least 3 posts now where people started feeling sick and decided to fly home with others in a plane rather than be sick in Mexico. One can learn a lot from that alone. I will leave it at that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  7. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    If you keep up with the various TTR Facebook groups, its WAY more than 3.

8. TandL

TandL Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Number keeps growing. Got to live some sort of life, but my wife was away from her 2 and 4yr old until 10 minutes ago. Her 14 day quarantine is over, long 14 for me. We had a great time, but should have postponed.

9. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,626 / 4
    Wish I knew about that bathroom on the end of the buffet on my first trip. Had to make that long walk every time then.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    We are always learning.
    Of course the walks are also for sightseeing and at least some exercise throughout the day.
    The standing in the pool or sitting on the bar stools gets exhausting;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice