Desire Rm, Desire Pearl And Ttr Comparison

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by ThePutSluppies, Jul 16, 2020.

1. ThePutSluppies

ThePutSluppies Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0
    does anyone have a specific post they would recommend for us to read when trying to decide which resort is best for us. We have been to TTR but are considering a couple nights at Desire RM or Pearl.

Also, does anyone know why Desire is triple the cost of TTR? Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
  2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    All that is holding us back is price.
    And we are not cheap by any means.
    But compare price with TTR and yikes!

If you can really figure this out you need to create a post!

I suppose the beginning of a list is:
    more exclusive since less people
    older median age crowd
    different vibe, some say a bit more mild
    couples only, except for at special times
    supposedly better service, some say food
    some say better rooms
    people pay to be nude if they choose
    open sex in certain areas..
    can watch or participate
    play room

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    We book a basic room and never really pay over $350 at either of the two Desires so it’s reasonable in low season up to early December and starting again in May.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. ThePutSluppies

ThePutSluppies Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0
    We are premier members and the cheapest room they quoted us yesterday for Desire RMR was $439 per night

5. 10uhC

10uhC Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0
    We have been to TTR 15 times and Desire 4 times. Prefer Desire due to many of the things FakeNewsTeam has listed. Resorts are very comparable as far as food and rooms. But, w DRM, you get 3 pm and late night jacuzzi time with nearby beds where it gets a lot more fun than TTR. Disco is as fun and more intimate than TTR(w playroom attached/sex allowed). The nude thing is not a draw for us, we prefer some coverage but it is fun to go out on the beach beds(sex allowed) and in the water w no cares. A little bit older crowd, but I think price also brings in... not sure how to say this....a more refined atmosphere that is still a lot of fun. Feel free to DM w additional questions. We are going there Jul30 and we normally pay 375-400 night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    I track member prices and this year they are higher than last yearS but still some changes for less than $350 and certainly under $400.

upload_2020-7-17_12-11-31.jpeg

7. Al and Kim

Al and Kim Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 4
    You really need to experience it for yourself and form your own opinion. Two nights is not enough to form that opinion. There are lots of differences that make it worth the price in my opinion. You say the price is triple. That must be a garden view room at TTR compared to an ocean view room at Pearl. All rooms at Pearl are bigger and at least a partial ocean view. Need to compare Apple to apples.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Vencx

Vencx Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When are you planning to go?

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    I bet your Premier Membership is "through" Temptation, right? Usually, the Desires (both DRM & Pearl) just give you a 25% (maybe 20% nowadays, I'm not sure but my original TTR contract gave me the 25%) off the retail RAC rate per night.

If/when you do a small upgrade (don't let it be anything BUT small) and "move" your Premier Membership to Desire (a membership at one Desire is a membership at the other, unlike TTR) you can negotiate for things like a higher % discount. DRM is very keen on "High season vs. Low season," and the price points vary quite a bit.

As for "Why" DRM/Pearl just costs more, FakeNewsTeam (Paul) is pretty much on target. The only things I'd do is remove his qualifiers.

Kyle did a really good job of a comparison between the three resorts... I think it was a couple of years ago. You'd just want to update what he was saying about TTR to include the reno's TTR updates.

I'm too lazy to go get it for you, but I'd bet that if you did a search of Jen & Kyle's posts, with the keywords "DRM and TTR review" you'd find it pretty quick.

For us, here's the things that make DRM "better" than TTR, enough to justify our going to DRM 7 out of the last 10 trips to Cancun (i.e. 3 TTR trips, 7 DRM trips since 2016).

Nudity. If you want to be nude, knock yourself out. There's no requirement to go fully naked if you aren't comfortable and/or just don't want to. Some of our DRM trips have ben literally 100% nude, everyone no fabric/textile anywhere except for walking out of the room wearing a towel. I wear the towel too, I just toss it over my shoulder. Towel "worn." Stacia does the body-wrap so she can do "the big reveal" when she gets to the pool area.... flashy attention-seeker, LOL! (Really, she just doesn't care to just "walk around naked" until a couple drinks are flowin'...). In contrast, we've been to DRM a couple times when complete nudity was actually abit of minority, with maybe 40% nude, 40% bottoms-on (both guys & gals) and 20% bikini tops & bottoms on.

Our first trip to Pearl, we happened to show up on eht eday that the "Dirty Vibes" music group/takeover was ending. We showed up, went down to the pool as described above and Stacia says to me... "Interesting..."

Me, "What?"
    "We're the only naked people here."
    "At Pearl? Why are they wasting it?"
    "They look young."
    "Young... like 20-somethings?"
    "Yes, some in their early 30s, looks like."
    "Huh. Well, I know where I am."

Playtime. If you want to fool around with your person (or for some of y'all, this or that other person who knows), you can do that in various locations on the Desires' property with the blessing of management. You can also do it in other places, sans such blessing, but still no problem. THAT, you can't do at TTR or you may get asked to leave. Not leave the pool, you might get asked to leave the property -- as in vacation over. I only know of one couple who just kept at it and got kicked out, but it's a real thing. Sneaky BJ's down at the beach or in the foam party notwithstanding. TTR is more like a sexy, steamy frat party... grab-ass, make-out sessions sometimes but no slap&tickle as the Brits say.

Food. The base quality of the food ingredients is higher at the Desires than at TTR. Blanket statement and I'll stand by it. However, post reno, TTR upped their game, so this gap has shrunk quite a bit. The Desire's dinner selection, because of the much-smaller size of the properties/kitchens involved (what is capacity at TTR now? Like ~740 guests, around there maybe) Compare that to DRM's 118 rooms and Pearl's 88 rooms). I'm not sure how the Villas at DRM or the Mansion at Pearl effect this.

Nightlife: IF you get a good night at DRM, bumping dance music in the nightclub, uninhibited people dancing and drinking their butts off (and just maybe slipping off against a wall or back to the playroom) DRM's nightlife is better than "Bash." Bash has some problems, detailed here. The problem is, you'll have a Kickin' night at DRM about one out of 3 nights, where at Bash you get the Bash experience about 6 out of 7 nights. But... at DRM you can leave the nightclub nd go tot he jacuzzi... and if you want to you and your partner can get your freak on right there. TTR definitely loses that comparison. Oh, Bash has the Bash food line, which is a lot better than DRM's lobby restaurant thing. Bash has all sorts of late night munchies, including the drunken burger (Awesome!), and DRM has pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches and tacos now. You can get some food, sure... but it's not the same as at TTR's Bash (again, a question of resort size).

Rooms. Pearl wins, hands down in my opinion. The problem is, Pearl's guest capacity vs. it's property size is so small/spread out there is never a real "party." Go there, relax, be naked if you want, talk to a few folks during the day. Go eat dinner around 8 p.m., see the "show" around 9:30 to 10:30 .... and then either go to bed or walk the beach. I guess you don't have to go to bed in your own room, but wee found the place Very "sleepy."
    DRM comes in Last in this category, mostly because of the room sizes being so small. I get a big % discount on the largest rooms there (Master Suite and Passion Suite) and they "feel" smaller than the bottom-tier rooms at Pearl. I've not stayed in the TTR Tower yet, but I'd bet that, for some people, the Master Suites in the TTR Tower might be better than those suites at Pearl.

Atmosphere. Pearl last, enough said. TTR's "Spring Break for Adults" is well-documented here at CCC, so no real need to go into depth about it. But... there's quite a few things you'd get arrested for, even during Spring Break... and that's where DRM takes over.

DRM starts later in the day, and doesn't have that "lull" that TTR has in the middle/late afternoon when people (who, admittedly, have probably been drinking since around 11:00 a.m. need to go get a nap). Some folks come outof their rooms at DRM and head down to the beach to nap in the sun for an hour or so to work on the skin, and to continue the sleep-off of the night before. People begin to show up around the DRM Pool around Noon to 1:00 p.m. and the party is usually going pretty good by about 2:00 p.m. (compare to TTR where we've been in full swing since Noon when the music kicks into high gear around the Sexy Pool). So, at aboutthe same time as some people go up to Sky Bar or the TTR hottub, people will do likewise at DRM's upstairs jacuzzi tub. The Difference is that TTR's is closing down at around 6:00 (I've hard as late as 7:00 p.m. though I've never been there when they let it go that long)... and the DRM hot tub is hitting stride. Probably lots of body shots, make-outs with the newly met BFF, probably some oral shenanigans and very probably some folks grabbing a spot on one of the surrounding "beds" for hanky-panky... none of that happens atTTR unless you're in someone's room, right?

Dinner at all the places about the same "time," and then the shows about the same time, and then refer to Nightlife above.

Any specific questions about any of the 3, but mainly TTR and/or DRM, shoot mea PM if you want it private response.

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We have been to all 3 resorts and I agree with much of what @Stacia_and_John and @FakeNewsTeam posted.

We were TTR junkies for years and then one year decided to try Desire. At the time, the room rate was just a little over twice that of Temptation, so we saved up and bit the bullet. Before arriving, we thought we wouldn't like it ("nudity?! Gasp!") and it wouldn't be worth it ("twice the price of Temptation?! Gasp!") and we'd be bored. While it doesn't have the 110% party overdrive atmosphere that Temptation has, Desire is certainly NOT boring. We enjoyed every single day and night of each stay.

The nudity thing is hard to explain. If you knew me in real life, you'd know I'd never imagine myself comfortable taking my clothes off. Heck, in high school, I wouldn't even change from regular clothes to gym clothes in front of other girls. THAT'S how shy I was. And actually, for the first few trips to TTR, I didn't feel comfortable taking my top off either. However, once on a clothing-optional property and you see almost all the other guests are unclothed, it becomes uncomfortable having clothes ON. And being able to walk around nude, with no judgment, no glances, no smirks, no snickering is really an amazing experience. It actually feels liberating and then you might pout when you have to put clothes back on.

The cost, for us, is the toughest thing. Some have mentioned the cost of Desire is 3x that of Temptation. I've seen competitive prices on 3rd party sites with Desire being only $100-$200USD more per night. [I just checked Trivago. For Dec 10-17 2020, TTR is about $200USD/night, DRM is about $330/night and DP is about $320/night] Temptation is definitely a great bang for your buck, but if you can save up the money, I think Desire is worth the extra $$$

I think everyone who can, should try Desire Riviera Maya and Desire Pearl at least once.

• Winner x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice