Alcohol

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jackandjill33, Jul 14, 2020.

1. jackandjill33

jackandjill33 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    so we are booked in the bash tower, do we get to have grey goose or titos vodka and or other premium spirits or are we stuck on Wells all week?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I *think* Tower reservations only give you access to Skybar as an extra perk.

As far as I know the blue band doesn't give you any extra benefits regrading Premium alcohol, unless Premier

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Yes, to confirm what Steve says, a tower room does not give you an alcohol upgrade at all locations around the resort. The Sky Bar (a perk of staying in the tower), does have some better stuff and everyone up there has access to it. However the upgraded alcohol is reserved for members.

BUT the good news is the alcohol selections at all the bars and restaurants are better than most all-inclusive resorts. It won't be Gray Goose, but it does include vodkas like Skyy, Smirnoff, Absolute (maybe on this one), and then there are other brand names like Bacardi and Captain Morgan that are included. I like good booze, and was very happy with the selections for several trips before becoming a member. (you don't really feel like you are losing out or missing anything at all your first few trips not being a memeber, there is plenty of great stuff to eat and drink all around.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    Yup. The blue bracelet from Bash rooms will not get upgraded booze. We had a Lush room a couple years ago with red bracelets and got upgraded booze. Not sure if they do red bracelets anymore.
    You can always bring a few bottles of your favorite with to start the day with, after that it usually doesn't matter.

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    To confirm @ScubaSteve ...absolutely on the Absolute!
    Even some flavored.

Of course they do run out and if so tell them to call or go find a bottle.
    Sometimes a tip helps...hint, hint!

Oh, and the “I like good booze...” is an understatement!

6. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    We were just there July 4 - 12 and had booked a bash room 2208. When we visited the skybar I asked and they told me yes that I could get Tito's with cranberry. I tried at other locations and was told that this was a premier only alcohol. I knew this ahead of time because this was our second trip and was not allowed to order it in the past. Not sure if that helps? We had a blast even though they were at around 30% occupancy. The workers all had masks on and went out of their way to make sure you were happy. We saw Steve and Janet a couple of times at bash but did not go over to say hello because everyone was talking to them. If you have any questions about what was going on just send me a message.

Robert

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Haha, don't be shy. Come over next time

8. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    If you’re subtle about it, a large tip to a waitress will get you all the fireball and grey goose you want. ;)

9. MidwestMartini

MidwestMartini Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Smirnoff is at all the bars and its my favorite. My wife, her friend and I frequently drink dirty martinis together. They were vodka snobs insisting Grey Goose or Absolute was far superior to Smirnoff so one day about 5 years ago I made them do two blind taste tests on all three bottles, refrigerated ,straight up and both chose Smirnoff both times. Well it saved me a ton of money until recently they got hooked on Tito's! I'm still a tight ass so I buy Smirnoff for the mixies (just bough a six pack of 1.75 at Hy-Vee for 20.99 a bottle) and Tito's for the martinis.

10. K&P ARK

K&P ARK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    I work for the 3rd largest alcohol company in the states and the largest importer of Mexican beers, but they don’t have a single beer or spirit from my company. They do have a couple of wines though. I know people are loyal to their brands and like what they are comfortable with, but my drinking habits are completely different while at the resort vs at home so I’m glad to get some watered down drinks while drinking all day at the pool or I’d never make to bash at night.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice