Passport Issues??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Iowa563, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Iowa563

Iowa563 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0
    Need some help!

We are traveling at the end of this month. Our passports expire in October and we have not been able to renew them because of this COVID crap. Will we have any issues??

2. P&Cfunandsun

P&Cfunandsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 0
    Best to check with your airline, American states on their website that the passport needs to be valid 6 months from the date of travel. I've heard of people being hassled by gate agents. So contact your airline and get their answer in writing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    Totally agree, except not necessarily hassled but denied!

4. AvgJoes1515

AvgJoes1515 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I’m in the same dilemma (sort of). I can save you some time on the phone and tell ya what I found out. AA you can travel as long as the passport is still valid for Mexico. Doesn’t have to be six month, unless heading overseas. United Air, same as AA. US State Dept, have fun and enjoy your trip. Passports are good for travel as long as it’s valid for Mexico. Side note: State Dept said it won’t be expediting passports for a long time to come. Told me if I’m getting back in August I’d better send it off ASAP from returning to get it back for our March trip. Anyways, back to the topic, Mexican Immigration said trip allowed as long as passport is valid. So basically your free to go, unless parties aren’t on same page. I screen shot all my convo’s I’ve had along the way for backup. Good luck and enjoy if you travel!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice