Free Nights From Vip Program

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jerseycouple38, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Jerseycouple38

Jerseycouple38 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    Has anyone booked TTR using their free nights from the VIP program? My wife and I got 10 nights free when we first signed up for the VIP program and finally plan on using some of them. Anyone have any experience booking with theirs? Do they hassle you or try to upsell? One concern is it is 10 nights in the trendy ocean view, but when I go to book if they don’t have any of those rooms, or say they don’t, can I pay the difference on a different room? Just Seeing what others experiences have been using their free nights.

2. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    We have been using them for years.. yes you can upgrade the room to the tower by paying over the phone with a CC.. usually no problem as long as you you book well enough in advance

3. Jerseycouple38

Jerseycouple38 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    My contract states I can only book 2 months in advance. Any experience with that?

4. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    I have used my free nights a number of times and only had a problem with getting a reservation one time.

Prior to the renovation, most of the time premier members where able to get a free one class upgrade without too much difficulty (this was the case for both paid nights and free nights). So, my free nights were upgraded from garden to ocean. Post reno, this no longer is the case.

One time post reno, garden view rooms were sold out and they would not give me an ocean view room for any sort of reasonable amount. In fact, it was cheaper to book my ocean view room at the member rate (which was my room class for paid nights) and save my free nights for another time. Since then, I upgraded my Oceanview room to a Bash Tower room and my free nights are now Oceanview rooms. While I love the tower, I am happy to use my free nights in the Oceanview rooms.

Bottom line - I do not think they hassle you about making a free night reservation. I don't remember seeing any complaints about this, so I think my experience is typical. I would tell you that if you try to make reservations for really busy times (Halloween comes to mind) they may legitimately be sold out.

As far as upgrade "hassle" - they will try and get you to go to a "member update meeting" - which of course turns into a pitch to add on and/or upgrade your contract. You can always say no thanks. This will not have any impact on your room.

5. iowa farmers

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    They let us book well earlier than our contract says.. if we upgrade we just offer to pay the upgrade nightly cost fully in advance and then we have the reservation for the entire stay well in advance.

6. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    I would be curious to know what the "upgrade cost" was the last time you upgraded. (From what room type to what new room type and the cost) - if you don't mind sharing. Thanks.

7. iowa farmers

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    I think we paid an additional $150 /night to go from our pre paid rooms (ocean view) to Bash Tower

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Free nights from Premier?

Our free nights are MasterSuite. We often book last minute so occasionally have had to take our contracted room (OV) as there are only 4 MasterSuites and they often sell out. If we have to do that we switch from using free nights (save them for the MS another time) and use referral credits instead. Either way it's free.

Last time we stayed (February) we upgraded from the MS to the Penthouse for a cost of $500 total for 3 nights. Can't really complain getting a Penthouse for $166 per night

9. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    We just used a free week.
    Wr did upgrade room...just had to pay the difference.
    Booked long ago, no issue there.
    Also, no hassle at all with hassle to upgrade contract...they did not even ask.

10. iowa farmers

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    Yeah you have some pull and leverage with them.. HaHa and well deserved. We got a small contract with them for TTR while we were staying at DRM and they would not take no for an answer (it was fun bantering with them and it was hott as hell outside anyway) so we got what we could afford and locked in some cheaper ocean view rooms than we were paying thru online bookings.. so were happy until now this October we could not pay to upgrade our room because of a tower takeover.. oh well its how this machine rolls... LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice