Temptation Punta Cana Opening??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by M&D, Jun 17, 2020.

1. M&D

M&D Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Does anyone have an update on when Temptation and Desire in Punta Cana is opening? Thanks!!

2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    2022-2032, if at all? there are a few threads on Temptation Miches in the forums. Lots of speculation. I think the last consensus was that Original Group owns the land, has cleared some old buildings off, and maybe a little dirt work. This info is from remote imagery (google earth). Covid-19 may be impacting construction, but who knows. Other, much larger, resort companies have promises new resorts on web pages and have never followed through.

Some conspiracy theorists suggest that it is only a ploy to get people to buy into membership. I do't agree with that ... but having grandiose ideas vs reality is definitely in play.

Summary... It's a crap shoot when, and if, it will ever get done. (Unless someone has someone current info from the members office now that TTR is up and running?)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Heard awhile back they were having labor issues...as in getting anyone to actually do the work.
    Do not really know this to be true or fact, just reporting what I heard.

One of the tactics to get people to renew/upgrade their older contracts was the fact that you would NOT have access to any new properties , like PC, and any others in the future.
    So. limited only to TTR, Desire RM, and Desire Pearl.
    This is fact as we found this out when we upgraded for room type and yacht privilege...and of course now have access to all current and future properties.

We have heard and discussed a few other potential properties/resorts in “planning/discussion”.

4. SunGuru

SunGuru Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 0
    If you go to Google Earth, go to Miches (about 50 miles west of Punta Cana), then look just to the east (right) of the downtown Miches on the water you will see the Temptation resort being built. Much more than moving dirt. There are clearly 16 buildings visible, and not sure how old the last Google Earth update photos are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Pretty sure those 16 buildings are left over from the prior resort and are overgrown with vegetation. The real question is if Temptation will attempt to refurbish them. I hope not.

6. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    FYI - Here is post I put up earlier on another thread about the DR property

7. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    :D:D:D:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice