Passport Issues

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by mrhammy, May 9, 2020.

1. johng24

johng24 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 0
    They cashed my check on April 8th. I’ve called twice and told them I was supposed to leave in 2 weeks. All the do is read the same thing that’s on their website. I really leave July 25th but wanted to try the 2 week thing. As of now they’re still not epediting. Fingers crossed.

2. BJ02

BJ02 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They have had our applications since March 10th. I've heard of people that turned their's in, in February. They still have not started Phase 1 of their 3 phase reopening plan. Phase 1 and 2, they will have limited staff and will process passports only on first in/first out basis. Once Phase 3 starts, they will start expediting. No expediting in Phase 1 or 2. There is no given start date, and no given plan on how long each phase will last. Here is an article that has some of the info I was talking about.

State Dept outlines plan to reopen passport facilities with ‘limited staff’ | Federal News Network

3. mrhammy

mrhammy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Update: the passport agency has received my application, they must have because they cashed the check! Application Status: In Process

4. mrhammy

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    As of Thursday, June 11, various passport agencies and centers are entering phase one of our reopening plan. Go to our Passport Agency and Center page for more information.

5. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Not directly passport related, but I renewed my global entry online a couple weeks ago, took less than 24 hours to process. So it seems CBP was able to catch up on their backlog of background checks with very few people travelling. So if you've been thinking about GE, you might be able to get your application approved and do the interview on your arrival back from Mexico.

6. mrhammy

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    got my TSA pre just as this all started it took 2 days for my wife and 2 weeks for me, i must be a bad dude

7. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    After the fact advice if you are traveling overseas I would get the global pass it includes TSA pre but gets you thru customs faster. We love it.

8. mcingr

mcingr Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1
    It took me over a month to get my (Mike) precheck! They must have done a seriously deep dive into my past.

9. mrhammy

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Just got notified that my passport is done and has shipped... I should get it with 3 weeks to go before our trip! It took 11 weeks

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    I’m at 6 months for global entry and still pending.... no clue what they are doing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice