Reviews Of Ttr After Quarantine

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Curious1, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Curious1

Curious1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    I was hoping to start a thread that those who are visiting starting today will hopefully put in reviews of TTR.

So many of us I know our curious on how it will look and if they are enforcing any social distancing etc..

Thank you to those that take the time to give us insight on what it will look like.

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. swilky

swilky Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Hopefully the fact that no one has responded yet means that they're having too much fun to bother with checking in here.
    Regardless, we pushed our dates back to August partially to give things more time to normalize, and also so we can travel with another couple who we are friends with.
    Can't wait.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    There won't be any enforced social distancing.

Tables and sunbeds may be set further apart and lines such as at check-in will have floor markers, but no one is going to be telling you to move away from people in social areas like bars and the pool.

I think the fact that the hot tub now has a sign stipulating a maximum capacity of 40 tells you all you need to know :)

• Like Like x 18
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Judging by the live video on FB tonight from Bash.

There aren't many people there (as to be expected with opening day and all the flight rescheduling and cancellations) but those that are have congregated together around several tables all in the same area.

You would, wouldn't you?

People don't go to Temptation to socially distance, and the resort knows that.

• Like Like x 15
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • List
  5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Imagine the treatment there now. People(not most of us) like to go to resorts to have very individualized services and like to keep to themselves. Obviously that's not the TTR way, but with there being very few people there now, and I assume the next couple of days, I bet everything would feel like it's on that level.

I'm excited to get back in Aug, and I'm sure things will start picking up soon.

My work is forcing us (not a problem for me) to use 12 vacation days from June-Aug. Some people are complaining. I keep telling everything just to go on vacation to Cancun. You can get some great deals, and I think by the end of this month, most things will be operating normally (but with less crowds)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  6. Curious1

Curious1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +479 / 1
    I agree can't wait to get back! We changed our trip from the end of June until middle of August. Was a little concerned with what the enforcement might be and also want to be able to party with as many people as we can and didn't think so many would show up in the month of June.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. TomAndTabi

TomAndTabi June Junkies 4ever Registered Member

Ratings:
    +416 / 0
    Right there with you guys. We're dying right now as we are normally there at this time, but we'll make up for it come August 11...

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. dollar bill

dollar bill Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Had to swap from DR to Temptation glad this changed been there twice ready to enjoy fun in sun with fun group
    July 2 thru 6
    Birthday trip for me
    See y’all there
    Flight our of Dallas

9. JimandKellyGA

JimandKellyGA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    We will be there 6/25-7/1. Hopefully Boobs Cruise on the 26.

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We went to the resort last night (Saturday 13th June) for our first trip back. It was the night time foam party/glow night at the sexy pool.

I was a little hesitant on walking up the slope as to how we would greet people we know, both staff and guests. Handshakes, hugs, elbow bumps, nods of the head?

Patric the GM met us at the entrance and gave us both a full on hug and removed any of those doubts. Normal handshakes or hugs were the mode of greeting from both staff and guests.

All staff were wearing face masks, I didn't see a single guest wearing one. Guests were able to mingle with each other just as freely as any other normal time. At the Premier bar, every third bar stool was without a cushion, a suggestion to not to sit there. But it wasn't enforced.

I was surprised at how full the hotel was, I was expecting it to be noticeably empty. We arrived about 5:30pm and the pool seemed just as busy as a normal quieter time of year. Of course at that time some people have already gone back to their rooms or to the hot tub, so it was probably even busier earlier in the day.

The hotel was bang on its maximum 40% capacity allowed, so around 350 people.

A few of the restaurants were closed. Sea Flirt, Amores and Romanza were open. They rotate the open/closed restaurants daily until occupancy levels get back to where they were.

Because of the night time party being held at the pool, Bash was closed as was the late night snack station. However, those services had simply been moved downstairs to the pool. Late night snacks and bar service continued until at least 2am which was when we left.

The nighttime foam party was a big hit, and everyone I spoke to was having a great time.

Pic of the pool around 5:30pm, taken by the GM

pool.jpg

• Like Like x 24
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice