When Would You Feel Comfortable Visiting Temptation Again? (poll)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Cheers2US, May 28, 2020.

?

When would you feel comfortable visiting Temptation again?

Poll closed Jun 7, 2020.
  1. as soon as possible

63 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. late 2020

46 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. 2021 or beyond

28 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. not until an effective vaccine is available

9 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. never

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  1. Joe and Janet

Joe and Janet Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 1
    Tomorrow sounds good to us

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  2. Dan & Barbie

Dan & Barbie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    Sadly, this. Agree 100%. We canceled our first trip to TTR in July because it seems the experience will not be the same and partying up close and personal during a pandemic seems like a really, really bad idea...

3. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Our September trip is tentative and it seems unlikely for us at this point. Given these reasons

4. myron69

myron69 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    Labor Day and can’t wait. It’s all what you make and we are all going to have a great time together.

5. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    I hope you guys have a good time and write a review afterwards.

6. Waterlvrs

Waterlvrs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 0
    We're going Sept 4-12 with no hesitation around traveling, being on a plane, my wife making out with another girl in the TTR hot tub, etc. Ha! We have the feeling there will be enough people of like minds to have a good time. The healthy among us have a responsibility to drive toward herd immunity. Laissez les bon temps rouler! :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. rockjen

rockjen Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 7
    Obviously with no thought given to others . I guess you haven't lost a loved one yet .

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • List
  8. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Very interesting.
    And for those of us whom have/had decided to visit at restart in June, a little disconcerting.

Again, state this...for those of us whom have decided that for us, and those with the same mindset and experience to date, it is safe to visit.
    As we all know, everyone has an opinion on this and every topic, and has the right to own it and express it here and elsewhere.

Unless things change in the next 2 weeks and we decide or have to cancel, we think we will still visit, even if it end up we are sacrificing a trip and the associated costs, to find out first hand and report back, not FAKE NEWS, but an honest and balanced report of what we experience to our beloved TTR brethren whom just need to know.
    This so everyone can potentially make the right decision with facts that is right for then.
    This is our community service and give back to our beloved community.
    No tears please...lol.

Now we all know that things change from day to day and hour to hour, so what we experience during our stay may change,
    We are quite interested to see how it may change for the better or worse (depends on perspective) over the course of the week.

9. Deleted member 40096

Deleted member 40096 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sept 25 - Oct 7 we WILL be at TTR unless travel restrictions prevent us going from Canada.
    I was in stuck in Egypt when everything went to crap and unfortunately the press does inflate some things and not report the whole truth as I found out first hand.
    You just have to be smart and look at the real numbers, not the ones from the press or you buddy next door. @Steve has been great at posting the numbers for Mexico, Thank you Steve.

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Considering how poorly the average person in our community even understands how social distancing is "supposed" to work, i.e. maintaining 6 feet to the person in front of you in line but literally rubbing elbows with the person in line Next to them.. (I'm sure you've seen the pictures online... just imagine that in literally every gas station, grocery store, pharmacy, post office and other place where people regularly go to handle their biz... and you'll see it in the South side of Houston and I'm told all the other areas of the city). THAT is not working, at least not well.

And how the use of masks is a bit more complicated than just putting it on, i.e. if you sneeze while wearing your mask (it is the Gulf Coast, everyone's sneezing from the super-high allergens this year [See Murphy's Law]), you probably shouldn't pull it down to rub your nose (Stacia's told me she's seen that at the meat counter at the grocery store we usually go to a couple of times) as an example. Other people we see hav eht masks... I guess having it around your neck like a bandanna is techniclly "on" but I doubt it is working as the CDC previously recommended that way... is it. That is not working, at least not well.

AND how poorly it seems the general public understands how often one is recommended to wash their hands after coming into contact with "new surfaces," i.e. grocery carts, touch pads to check out, door handles to get In to businesses, yadda-yadda-yadda... and then touch their eyes, faces etc (see above allergens comment)... handwashing isn't doing much. THAT is not working, at least not well.

I can keep going, but I'll stop as I think my point is made. These protective measures, as well as others which we've been experiencing as being recommended, even if performed poorly, are probably doing more than nothing to help slow the spread, I get it. But... more than nothing doesn't have to be much to be both accurate and true. You see...0.0000001% slower is more than nothing. Again, I have no specific numbers for this statement, but as the structure is the argument, I don't need actual numbers... statisticians beware... LOL! (levity is required, so keep this in mind... I am grinning as I write this out... it's not coming from a mean/hurtful/superior place... just a pragmatic one.)

I'm sure that most of you on here have visited with friends while under the shelter-in-place structure. If you've not, make sure you go see your psychologist when you emerge as you've probably been damaged just a little bit unless you maintained some other sort of outside contact. When visiting friends, I'm also sure, as we've witnessed it over & over & over that, while people are being careful (or trying to as they understand things, see the next to other in line comment above) while in what is perceived to be "public" spaces, most of those behaviors go out the window when associating with family &/or friends. I know we have done that, I know our friends have done that, I know their friends, family members and the people with whom they work if they're forced to work together in an "essential" job, such as health care. So... if that's occurred, it's like the old venereal disease warnings/ads went... "If you have sex with someone, you are also having sex with everyone (I almost typed everything, whoops! That'd be interesting...) who those people had sex with, and those people, and those people, and those people...." as far as you need to go until you gotto the end of the road (for a lot of us it is a long road). All that's necessary to see the problem faced, here, is to sub out the words "had sex" with "came into contact" and the argument is right there.

So, in conclusion... IF our Southwest flight was still going to Cancun on the 26th of June, we'd have been on it. And no... I don't think that "distancing in the pool" is either workable or is going to be happening.

And for the record, one of my best friend's father contracted COVID while in a LTC facility here in greater Houston (Pasadena, specifically). He had two tests, both positive, one at the LTC the other at the hospital. He was older, at 82, and he ended up in the hospital on a vent and yes, he died. So, please do not preach at me about how we'll all feel when it happens to someone close to us.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice