Accuracy Of Mexico's Covid19 Reported Statistics?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by MandEOntario, May 20, 2020.

1. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    so you are saying it is a fact that if I get killed in a car accident but have Covid, they are reporting it as a Covid death? Not looking for another ‘battle’. Just trying to understand what you are saying is a fact and what you are basing it on.

I tend to agree there is incorrect reporting since there has to be some guestimation (both ways) with the tests being saved for those still alive. What I struggle with is something as obvious as being hit by a bus or a car accident.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Len from the Floor

Len from the Floor Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +556 / 3
    Would you mind providing a reference for this statistic? Thanks in advance.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Sorry to have replied/posted and deleted. I should have thought first.

Silence sadly isn't always golden. And this is the Internet. And I am not really anonymous.

If you see this tattoo walking around TTR, be on the lookout haha.

upload_2020-5-20_15-34-53.png

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  4. Rcraig

Rcraig Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    IDPH Director explains how Covid deaths are classified
    IDPH Director explains how Covid deaths are classified

"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a COVID death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had COVID at the same time, it's still listed as a COVID death. So, everyone who's listed as a COVID death doesn't mean that that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of the death." Dr. Ezike outlined.

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    In short, yes.
    The car death is just an analogy but also true at times.
    As others have posted, what happened to all the other death rates...they have gone down or have stopped.
    Covid-19 is a cure for most other deaths.
    Also, there is federal monies related to a Covid death so there is an incentive.

We have first hand knowledge and know many on the inside and on the front lines in our local area and it is amazing how few cases and how many other typical deaths have, at leadt for the moment have stopped.
    Might be people are not seeking treatment but will eventually die at some time and of something.

Hey, what happened to all the yearly flu deaths.
    Geez, the have seemed to plummet or stop all together too.
    Another Covid cure!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    If someone died from a car crash and the hospital counted it as a covid death, good luck getting any money from your auto insurance. Lol, that’s certainly not reality.

Unfortunately, my step father has been moved into hospice care today. I asked the oncologist about this, he said if he is testing positive for covid19 between now and his death it wouldn’t be counted as a covid death. I know that’s just antidotal evidence, but a car crash doesn’t seem logical to me

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I can't speak to the car insurance company, as that would be an entire other industry, and their accident assessments/payout policies wouldn't be tied the the 90,000+ deaths numbers in question.

But if you were living your life without being sick and then admitted to the ER because of a serious car accident, were in the ICU for a few days, were tested for Covid19 while in the ICU, and later die. If the Covid tests came back positive, you would be in the reported covid19 90,000+ death numbers we are discussing here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. ging

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Then what you’re saying is there must be a double counting.

Therefore how are you able to factor in the reduction in other death categories related to covid19?

9. ScubaSteve

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    With additional back-end factors that are not part of the scenario described.

There are various levels of coding (DX, PROC, CPT, DRG, APRDRG, MSDRG, and now newly created Corona levels and codes) then within some of them are associated idexies for things like Severity Of Illness and Risk Of Mortality. Multiple combinations of these types of things are used for hospital records and then billing. And that's why people can figure things out down to very small details to recoup costs from billing, and then separately in more general ways for operational reporting.

You can literally have 100s-1000s of codes at various levels in your medical records. (Hence my wife's C-section bill 35+ pages thick)

(the terms I stated are all public, people just don't know about them. And that's why your medical chart and your insurance bills look like Chinese...unless you knew the "chinese")

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 20, 2020
  10. ging

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Come on? I don’t think you could make this anymore ambiguous.

What you’re sayin is there is post processing done on the aggregate category metric that performs filtering before the result is published. If that’s the case, how are you able to add up all aggregates across all categories to get a total sum of all deaths that is accurate.

Do you have any documents on how the backend processing works?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice