Covid-19 Thoughts

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Yep, this is Illinois. We have a five phase plan, we’ll kind of, phase five is after a vaccine and life is back to normal. Who believes that will ever happen?

Anyway the whole state is in phase two, and he broke it into four regions that can move to each phase independently. Probably could have done two regions. Chicago and the rest of us.

Attached Files:

2. mcingr

mcingr Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1
    We're in Michigan and feel your pain!

3. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Yeah, you guys got it bad too, with your Governor not letting people by seeds for their gardens. Ours is still getting his haircut, and letting his family vacation in Florida. Now, as down state towns are wanting to open, he is threatening to withhold money if they move ahead of his plan.

4. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    This was sent to me on Facebook and promptly was blocked. I realize this is her opinion and some may disagree with it but it’s censorship. The press is not covering this even to say she is a crockpot. I believe a lot of what she says is relevant.

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I thought we were going to try to not make this political? If you are a crockpot and everyone knows you are a crockpot then is it necessary for the press to call out she is a crockpot? Admittedly I wish the press would follow this same logic with the president and clearly they don’t. I mean she says she learned how to treat corona patients from a president trump press conference. People on site in the background are playing with signs promoting their groups and on their cell phone with zero interest in what she is saying and then only yell when she mentions the president. I stopped listening at that point. In an effort to keep this constructive What specifically do you think she said that is relevant? Calling out the numbers of cases and deaths is of course a repeat of what everyone already knows. People infect each other by being close to each other, including family, yep we know that too. What am I missing?

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    I found it very interesting the number of moms/grandmoms that broke protocol on Mother's day. Obliviously not saying it was everyone that compromised their beliefs, but that seemed like a day many moms decided they didn't want to miss their special day. My neighborhood was pretty crowded (and people weren't in their driveways), and facebook land sure painted a different picture.

7. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    Well I guess you missed the point it is being blocked/censored instead of debunked or reported. This actually took place it should be reported at the very least not censored. When we as a society that allows censorship then we have bigger problems. But if as you say heard Trumps name and would not listen to any more of it then your part of the problem. Not because you don’t like Trump, I could care less, because you are not opened minded enough to listen to other ideas. You never know if you never listen. So to close this was not meant to be political it was meant to point out that were being censored.

8. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    I listened to Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC today during lunch. I started in the middle of the conversation, so I don't know the credentials of her guest, but it is MSNBC, so it's not some crazy, in the basement YouTube interview.

He went on with his typical, the US is doing everything wrong theme, and they talked about the new outbreak in China, and the testing they are doing. He said, we have done millions of test, that's fine, but we need to be doing millions of test every day. He said we need/should be at the point where testing is as quick and easy as walking thru a metal detector, and every business in the country should have one, so that everyone would walk thru one before they went in.

This statement went unchallenged, and was left with no explanation. I mean, we might as well paint the entire country with unicorns and rainbows while we're at it. Unfortunately that is the level of protection some are going to require before they will be accepting to any reopening.

If we are going to that extreme we might as well lower the national speed limit to 35 mph, double the width of all driving lanes, and try to end all car accidents as well.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    it wasn’t that I heard trumps name. It was that people only clapped and paid attention when they heard trumps name so it didn’t seem like people even on site could give a damn in what she was saying. Sorry if I didn’t make that clear.

But yes I did miss the broader point then. If the point was about censorship then I agree with you 100%. I don’t see why they would be taking that off Facebook.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Quite simple...in FB terms...anything Trump or supporting Trump is viewed as bad...anything against Trump or calling out Trump is good.
    Plain and simple and no argument.
    It is ALWAYS about agenda and nothing more.
    Censorship is just the final play.
    Unfortunately, this is the World we all now live in.
    A real slippery slope indeed.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice