Realistic....

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Flash2, May 12, 2020.

1. HotforSun

HotforSun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +779 / 1
    I agree Canada will one of the last to be able to do international travel without being quarantined for 14 days after returning

2. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    It it even a party of the Canadians aren’t there? ;) ;) ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Markie

Markie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0
    I don’t think quarantine will be necessary by then depending if all goes well , maybe test at a drive up test facility here in Ontario before returning to work

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I do agree that the work thing is really going to be a problem, and/or camp/daycare. If I go on a trip in July or Aug, and then there are restrictions when I get back about not being able to go to work, or my kid returning to camp/daycare, then we just couldn't go.

It sucks cause I could go on vacation and be careful in the airport, but then there is Joe Shmo who goes to the store at home everyday and isn't careful. How can you quantify his level of risk over mine.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
    Last edited: May 13, 2020
  5. AmosnShelly

AmosnShelly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    We are booked in June - still trying to determine what to do. Absent a Vaccine traveling in September likely won't be any safer than traveling now. Unless you are willing to wait a year or more before you travel again then you have to try to decipher the odds. In this situation I would prefer to ride on a mostly empty plane and go to a resort that is 1/2 full than wait a few months. Unless those months lead to an effective treatment or vaccine then why wait (unless you are out for the long haul)

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    You said "quantify." Now... just and only now, do I know you're a smart guy! ...j/k

As for "things stabilizing," that's a squishy word, which will end up meaning lots of different things to people. Does that mean things are simply generally "declining," or that the spread (meaning increase) is slowing? Does it mean no new cases anywhere... or no new cases in Cancun? Lots of ways to take that.

RE: Our 26 June ~ 4 July trip in 44 days... (that number doesn't seem real)

For us, it appears (right now) that DRM is going to be open, but we'll have to see the upcoming week's announcements from Original Group to be certain of that. I bet @Steve will know faster than me, which is why I come here to find said announcements.

If our Southwest flight isn't cancelled, and DRM is "open" for business.... let me put it this way: USA Transfers is going to have my shuttle/transfer reservation!

Even if the resort/hotel is only 50% occupied, we'd be good, as long as the staff is there, we can get our drinks, walk the beach, and hang out in the nightclub at night. I find the nighclub more fun at around 30% full anyway.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. JandMS

JandMS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    We are still hoping to go July 3-11. We both have the ability to work from home and self quarantine. The kids are another issue. With summer camps mostly closed already, and the few that haven't called it likely, we may send the kids to the grandparents, who were going to fly to us to watch them anyway. If kids leave more or less same timing as we go to Cancun, we can get back and self quarantine. Kids come back end of July and (hopefully) able to have a day camp or something for a week or two (less likely), and then start school late August.

8. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Starting school is a crap shoot!
    But it does depend on where you live...or maybe not as the Govt officials are following their own herd (gaggle) mentality with the thought that what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.
    What’s the over/under?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice