Alcohol Quality At Temptations

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by oldies on tour, Sep 20, 2019.

1. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,806 / 5
    I think it is. We got it with the “pink” bracelets.

2. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Yeah... I Looove 1800 Blanco... Not a member, which makes me think that this is the premier list.

3. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 1
    Canadian Mist... It’s the standard Candian Whiskey (or was last August).

I met a guy and when he learned I was Canadian insisted we have a whiskey together. He was so crushed when I told him I had never heard of Canadian Mist.

When I got home I started to look around for it, and it’s generally not available out in my neck of the woods. It absolutely is a Canadian whiskey, but bottled in the US. Generally an export.

4. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    We as members were very upset because we thought same drinks were very bad. July 2019. It was very hard to get buzzed . We will give it one more try this year July but if it is same we will not be back.

5. kenobe

kenobe Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +370 / 0
    We go 3-4 times a year and have never noticed or had a problem. I drink beer and switch to Captain's and coke at night. My wife has never had an issues getting smashed, but she also like her drinks light on the pour so she can drink all day and night.

6. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 2
    We bring a couple of bottles of 40-50 proof to get a kickstart in our insulated mugs. It takes way too long, if at all, to get feeling smooth and talkative on TTR liquor.

If the drinks were honest I wouldn’t make it to 4 pm on the quantity of what we drink there.

I have drank there all day many times at TTR without a kickstart, probably 20ish drinks, including multiple shots, and barely felt anything. From lunch to Bash. Sometimes, even with with the kick start it’s hard to stay smooth all day.

And, we’re not regular drinkers with developed tolerance. I’ll go for months during the year without a drink of alcohol,.

The beer route might work but we don’t really drink it. .. don’t like the taste and calories... I still have 4 cans from a case I bought last july.

7. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 2
    I always figured the watered down drinks were a liability issue....let people drink a lot but don’t get them too drunk. With the amount of alcohol flowing there ya would expect to see multiple people passed out or sick every day.

8. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,806 / 5
    I am a bit confused? If you are “members”, how will you “not be back”? I thought you bought a Premiere membership (as members)? PS- we were there in July last year and had no problem being hungover the next day, right @ScubaSteve , @Bratrish , @DFW fun , @Ghoulio ?? and others....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    Hmmm I've become quite drunk at least twice at the resort so don't know what to think about all this watered down liquor talk! To be fair there's been a few times where I was surprised I wasn't tanked so maybe there's something to this lol.

10. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Yes Mike, I ma pretty sure their were lots of rough mornings.

I have never had a problem with the drinks at Temptation. Oh wait, I have had many problems from the drinks, but they are never the not being drunk kind.

Look at these goofballs on their birthday. Destroyed. (PSA, don't wear a birthday hat someone brings for you, it might as well be a target, haha.)
    upload_2020-5-11_17-33-35.png

On a serious note they do tend to make the drinks on the lighter side. I mean it's a big ass mug filled with booze, if you actually drank those for 4 hours strait, you would be toasted if they didn't light pour (especially people that don't drink much often). I normally ask for my drinks to be made very strong for the first half of my day, then I ease up on that once I get going. Blacking out and face-planting are what I try my best to not do anymore.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice