Desire Pearl Mansion.

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by Gibbys, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Gibbys

Gibbys Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    curious any reviews on the Desire Pearl mansion? Where on property is it located? Wasn’t there on our last visit. Is it worth it and what are the benefits besides what’s on website?

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    My thoughts on DP's "Mansion... and I might as well add in Desire RM's "Villas" while I'm at it.

No, I have not stayed at either. I'm absolutely positive they are fantastic to look at, they're marvels of awesome-sauce, attractive architecturally, and have a cool vibe to them.

That being said, I've got no interest At All in staying there and ending up sort of isolating myself from the other cool kids at the party.

At both properties, your room is where you go to sleep, get cleaned up, maybe sit and chat to others... maybe if it's the thing y'all want to do, engage in other fun stuff. Sure. If you are the type that enjoys spending an upward multiplier for either: A) the same vacation experience that everyone else is having; or B) the ultra newest, bestest, chic-ish (is that a word?) room so you can feel good about yourself as "having arrived," then by all means, knock yourself out.

We had the Penthouse at Pearl our first full week there. It was too damn big, cost too damn much (for what you get) and was too damn far away from the social fun & entertainment that makes the Desire properties what they are.

The mansion is bigger than the DRM Villas, I get that. You can have a private, naked-time party with a small group and feel elite about it. But... couldn't you just have a house party at home and get that done... for nothing, other than buying booze and maybe feeding your guests?

The Villas are designed for 3-somes, that's clear. If that's the deal, maybe it's a good thing. For us... it misses the mark.

Very nice, though. Check them out, they'll give you a tour while they try to gte you to buy in...

3. Gibbys

Gibbys Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Great points. Was happy with our std suite last time so see no need to change.

4. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    No problem. People's opinions will vary, of course. Some folks have a "Go Big or Go Home" mentality, others have the "Act like you've been there before" sort of thing. Some opt for luxury to get upgraded at (nearly) any cost, others opt for just being there at the lowest price point possible.

My response was for me and mine. I've got a friend's wife who would be horrified to "stay in a standard room." She might even shudder. That's too "extra" for me.

5. urtxcpl

urtxcpl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    I was listening to a podcast today from “we got a thing” and they had stayed there so I would suggest listening to that they have lots of details way more than what’s on the website do Pearl- When we were there last they were finishing the last of it. it is if you’re leaving the main office to the far left over by the diving center but it does have its own private pool that is heated / bar / chef and menu ! let me know how you like it if y’all stay there

6. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Let us all know how much it costs y'all per night. Everyone is curious about that.

Stacia & I HAVE considered renting a 5-bedroom Villa (Mansion seems too big a word for 5 bedrooms, it's only one more than I've got at home...) for ~$5K/week on St. Barth's. St. Barth's is really pretty (VERY expensive) but some of the very best food (and be careful guys... very high-end good shopping "Danger Will Robinson!"). A couple nude beaches, Grand Saline and Governeur's Beach (I did spell it right. I can't tell from the island's history if the name is French, or actually Swedish). Really pretty beaches there, great sand, water isn't beating you to death and the slope out is calm enough for quite a ways. NOT like Cancun, mind, but better than the way Hawaii is everywhere I've been but Waikiki (which is too commercialized for just beach-going, hanging out and tanning IMO -- great beach bars though!).

Sorry. End of threadjack.

7. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    John FYI - Current Mansion booking rates for low season pricing

Mansion Suite - $2030 per night
    Royale Suite - if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it - lol

8. work2play

work2play Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We agree 100% with everything you wrote about the mansion and villas and penthouse. Hit the mark!

9. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    I'm still confused as to "why?" For me/us, isolation is NOT the thing. Partying with the peoples is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice