Peloton Ttr Team Hashtag

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DontActMyAgeOnVacay, Apr 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DontActMyAgeOnVacay

DontActMyAgeOnVacay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    Hey gang, me and wife have been spinning on our Peloton in hopes of keeping up our bods and holding it together till next trip in October.
    Peloton just created a Hashtag feature. So I created #TeamTTR if anyone is interested. Might be fun to see members of our fun, partying tribe sweating along together online!
    Feel free to jump on, and look forward to sending out some High Fives!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Nice. It's a good idea to get one of these at this time. I actually considered it as well.

Funny TTR story related to these things. I am not sure if the brand they have at the TTR gym is Peloton, but it's something similar. OMG, yes pick your jaw up off the table, I actually do use the gym at TTR. Some trips more than others, and actually last trip was almost every day (the beginning 2/3rds of the vacation). I enjoyed the Peloton thing so much that it was actually my motivator to go there. There was this stepper machine, and you could put a set trail on and go with that for like 45 minutes. I basically would smoke some of the devils lettuce, and head of to the gym (this is actually an age old Arnold preferred method). Then I would put on of these programs on, for example "Climbing with goats", and zone-out doing my thing. It was the only time of my life I was able to pull an ounce of pleasure out of my cardio. I don't mind lifting, but cardio is no good to me. But it's a necessary evil, and you have to force yourself to do it. Those machines do make a difference keeping your brain entertained while pushing though.

During the quarantine I have been running 3 miles a day at the park. It's a nightmare, and my shins hate me. I am keeping my diet, drinking(only on the weekend), and exercising as close as I can to my normal, this way as soon as this is lifted am ready to roll.

Good luck @DontActMyAgeOnVacay with your new motivator!

3. DontActMyAgeOnVacay

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    The gym at Temptation is really well set up. Simple, good equipment, enough space, and not crowded. It’s the best way to start the day, and burn off the hangover.
    there’s no way I could pull off a Peloton spin level cardio when I’m there though. I sweat so much on that friggin bike, it feels like I’m gonna pass out when I get off!

4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    It's "OK", one of the better ones I have been to at Cancun area resorts, and will maintain you for a week or two. Could use heavier dumbbells and could definitely use a bench/squat rack. The single Smith machine doesn't cut it, especially if someone else is using it (one dude monopolized it several times on our last trip. He would set up a circuit of four or five exercises, so he only used the Smith 5 times in about an hour, and took up most of the good equipment). Every gym has that guy though, who will set up a circuit and come back to one exercise every 10 minutes or so, in between visiting with people and checking his phone.
    The cardio at the TTR gym is good for sure.
    I have never seen a dead lift platform at at resort gym and won't whine about TTR not having one.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Tap tap tap on shoulder (selfish person removes earbuds), "hey I see that you're doing a circuit with a lot of other stuff too and the bench. I am going to use this bench, and if I am still on it when circuit comes back around, I'll finish my set and wipe it down, and then you can have at it." problem solved :) And if they don't like that, they surly won't like what I would have to say next.

6. DontActMyAgeOnVacay

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    I set up my workout plan on-the-go, based on having the best vantage point for watching any girls doing their yoga stretching.

7. mexico24

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    You'r nicer than I am. Sometimes I start using the equipment if its abandoned for more than a couple minutes, even if the dude is on a circuit. They are usually the same guys that don't re rack their weights. I always follow the manta "If you walk away from it you lose it" at the gym.
    Some guys on a circuit are pretty cool about it. They know that their circuit can get interrupted and are pretty adaptable.

Also the guys that take four different sets of dumbells to their bench.

So, I have had guys come up and say to me "hey..i'm still using that" even if they haven't been there for 15 minutes.. I'll respond OK and then go use something else they are on a circuit with.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  8. mexico24

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    GYM Etiquette :
    1. don't play music, out loud, on your phone, ...especially if there is background music already. (if you're that broke I'll buy you some headphones)
    2. don't set shit on a bench and then not use the bench for anything more than a shelf to put your phone, water bottle, notebook, etc
    3. re-rack weights
    4. Be adaptable if doing a circuit,
    5. Wipe the equipment down after when finished, not with a dry cotton towel, but a disinfectant. most gyms have them
    6. some grunting is OK, but don't overdo it for effect,.... or the leaky tire ...hisss hisss hisss ....on each rep (that one is more annoying than bad etiquette)
    7. posing/flexing in the mirror ( i know everyone sneaks a peak, but be discrete)
    8. don't be filming yourself or others
    9. BO, gym stink, no need to say more
    10. Don't hog /reserve equipment if you'r not actively using it.
    11. Offer to let others work in, especially for limited/high demand equipment.
    12. Some chit chat is OK, but don't linger, and don't talk loud enough for the whole gym to hear.
    13. Keep off the phone. (rep, ten minutes on facebook, rep, ten minutes on facebook...)
    14. Similar to 13, but i'ts the dude who is conducting work business on speaker on his phone while working out. I think some just want everyone to know how important they are. This guy does it at the airport also, and waiting in line at Burger King.

I'm sure I missed a few. Next list is Gym Locker Room Etiquette.

We are slipping from the Peloton idea! sorry.

9. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    He would just have to deal with sharing. I dont play well with people who think they have exclusive rights to equipment for an hour.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice