When To Find Younger Crowd And A Great Party

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by samcoff89, Apr 24, 2020.

Tags:
  1. HDM

HDM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +586 / 0
    I wrote a similar post several years ago and got roasted. Glad people are playing nicer now

we’ve been going with the Desirous Party Group and it’s been a blast! Wicked Eden in October should be amazing.

Outside of takeovers, I’d look for along weekends when more younger people have work off and school out. We have a trip planned for Labor Day weekend for that reason although we are in the mid to late 30s age group now.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    OK, let me ask you this...

Coming to TTR initially as a younger couple (I'm assuming you started in your late 20s -- we started when I was 39 and Stacia was 37), how did you feel the "veterans" treated you? Fun, welcoming crowd, partying hard and happy you were there partying with? A good time, and worth the doing? That right?

3. RicknAmanda

RicknAmanda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    I’ll answer this.

Absolutely!

Our first trip was May 2015. We were welcomed with open arms by some awesome people we still call friends today. Most of which we talk to multiple times a month if not weekly. We loved it so much, we booked December the same year.

4. bosfuncpl

bosfuncpl Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0
    The older crowd has been more fun and open minded. They mingle much better with everyone

5. Steve & Kay

Steve & Kay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    I’m 39 with the heart of a 21 year old! Hahaha everyone is amazing and fun at TTR. I met a lady who I swore wasn’t a day over 50 and was 75! You’ll have fun with everyone. Promise! Haha

Attached Files:

6. HDM

HDM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +586 / 0
    We were 36/32. So not 20s. We just posted when more lifestyle people our age would be there and got roasted.

Id rather not start another war. I just think it’s fair for people to look for similar people, the same way I wouldn’t bat an eye if someone came in and asked when people 25 and younger are there or 50 and older with less young people.

we went with large groups both times and had a blast! But we wouldn’t hesitate to go without a group either, just want to make sure we go when there are a good amount of people we’d jive with well (went to Desire once and only one other couple anywhere near our age for a couple of the days - that’s why we originally asked the question).

I can’t wait to be in my 60s rocking it at TTR and reminiscing of when we were there in our 30s

7. BigPapaPuff

BigPapaPuff Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 2
    Beautiful picture!

8. Steve & Kay

Steve & Kay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,930 / 1
    Aww thanks :D

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I know John you didn't ask me this question directly, but I can give my feedback if you don't mind. Elyse and I were 27 and 28 our first trip, and we were met with some hesitation from the older repeaters. We ended up being welcomed in a group that had some people about the same age, and then some mid-later 30s. So it all worked out and was fine, and I understand that people don't just instantly gravitate to people that don't appear to be similar to them.

This assessment breaks down to two different parts though. In the sexy pool, it didn't matter our age. When everyone was getting crazy in the old pool, the older crowd were much more likely to pass my wife a shot, and then me, in the interest of pumping up the fun. Not in all cases, but it seemed like there was maybe a subconscious intent with this. Often it was done by a single dude (not single relationship status, but single meaning alone at the moment), and then there would be some start-up convo. It felt to me that if your significant other was attractive and down to party, and you "passed the test", then you would be introduced and welcome to come over and meet their friends. We are pretty social, and I am used to hanging out with a very diverse group from the age perspective at home, so this was never really problematic. But I would also like to think I am not stupid and do read a little bit between the lines. Whereas groups of younger people just tend to pull you in with much less of a vetting process. The other part this breaks down to with us is you didn't receive the same warm (oh you want a body shot off my wife, then we should do some off yours) welcome when not in the pool. There is much more apprehension when at the quiet pool bar (pre/post dinner), lobby, and at PatyOs (before it got later). Clearly when dressed more normal, it's easier to see age, and some of the same people weren't as friendly as they were in the pool. A little of "I'm this person from earlier", normally would change the tone.

I would also like to say that the welcome around the premier bar day-time with other vets, to this day, isn't always the most welcoming at first (on mostly like your first and 2nd day), there is a tendency for people to keep to themselves before essentially being "vouched for" from other members, or when the bartenders come out and around from the bar for the more personal hug and greeting. I sometimes feel like I have to make the first move, and prove I'm not just some backwards hat white sunglasses drunk bro, before people are as friendly and welcoming as they claim to be with the "age doesn't matter, we love and welcome everyone"...after we verify you may be young, but you're not immature, wet behind the ears, and stupid.

None of this makes me mad, and I am not surprised by the human nature side of this, I get it. And at age 37 now, we all do the same thing when 25 year olds come into our bar during our Saturday and Sunday hangouts. I just don't like the kid myself and pretend I don't.

***and obviously need to throw a disclaimer so I don't get my head chopped off, this clearly doesn't apply to everyone and isn't always.**

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  10. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4

Emoji’s help too. Good thing you added though, because while reading I was thinking, “number one rule of fight club, is you don’t talk about fight club.”

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice